worn

• Reported By: zingarella — new milford Connecticut United States of America
sears
Rt. 7 danbury, ct. danbury, Connecticut United States of America

sears auto department Ripped of at Sears Auto Center in Danbury, Connecticut

I dropped my car off at sears automotive repair because my brakes were squeaking.  The mechanics told me that they would call me to let me know what was wrong with the car.  I was called as I was shopping and the mechanic told me I needed brakes and rotors front and back.  Not only that, I needed a tune up too.  The total would come close to $2,000.00.

I called my son and he told me that it was a very expensive price for what I needed done.  He advised me to bring my car into his mechanic down in Chappaqua, which I did the next day.

My son's mechanic looked at the car and told me that I did not need brakes - that I had about 18,000 miles left before I even had to think about brakes - and did not need a tune up.  He charged me $100.00 for an oil change and changed two wires that were worn.  I cannot believe that Sears tried to charge me almost $2,000.

I am a disabled widow and am outraged at the so called "service" I received.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/27/2010 04:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/sears/danbury-Connecticut-/sears-auto-department-Ripped-of-at-Sears-Auto-Center-in-Danbury-Connecticut-655900. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on sears