Complaint Review: Sears

• Reported By: Karen — Grand Forks North Dakota
Sears
Grand Forks, North Dakota USA

Sears Falsified information to sell product Grand Forks North Dakota

*Author of original report: Sears has completely resolved our issue

We bought a Nordic Track 7700 from Sears and they said it was the same exact model as Nordic Track sells and that I could buy it from Nordic Track. I know companies change the quality, motor, etc. when selling to lower quality stores (sears does not  have quality merchandise for the most part). He assured me that it was the same exact machine as Nordic Track and that I could buy the 7700 directly from them. That was an untruth.

He said that the console would project to the TV screen (I'm short and can't see the console and want to do the google map routes and use the browser and be able to see it). He assured me that the browser and trail maps would all display on the TV screen so I could see them. That was an untruth.

He also told me that the ifit subscription was free with the machine I bought. I tried to pay for it and he said it was included with this machine. That was an untruth.

All of which was false. Nordic Track was very unhelpful and one person was rude and in so many words said it was my problem. If they are going to use Sears as an agent then it's their problem too.

He told me it would be 30mns to 1hour set up and simple. It was difficult, complicated and 4 hours. That was an untruth.

I posted my complaint on Sears and a representative, for the sake of customers reading these posts, asked me to send my contact info so they could help me. I sent it and never heard from them—I pretty much figured it was an empty gesture from everything I've heard about Sears customer service (oxymoron).

After many attempts to talk to the Store Manager we finally got a hold of him and he said we could return it (duh, that's the law) but he wouldn't pick it up for 2 weeks and after that he would give us our money back. My husband asked if he really wanted to lose a customer over a simple product pickup and he was completely unconcerned about it.

I have written many reviews on Sears and Nordic Track today (Nordic Track needs to sell through someone else) but hadn't written one to the Better Business Bureau (BBB) but we are going to do that tonight when my husband gets home.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/10/2014 04:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sears/Grand-Forks-North-Dakota-58201/Sears-Falsified-information-to-sell-product-Grand-Forks-North-Dakota-1137901. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sears

Sears has completely resolved our issue

AUTHOR: KPEACH2 - ()

Sears called and resolved our issues by offering to make sure the treadmill would be picked up right away and returned but what we did was keep the treadmill and they gave us a discount which covered the cost of the display that we didn't need but bought due to the salespersons false information.

Thank you Sears for resolving this!