Complaint Review: Sears

• Reported By: Anthony — Brick New Jersey
Sears
436 Main St. Hackensack, New Jersey USA

Sears Automotive Negligible and Unsafe Diagnosis, Hackensack New Jersey

I took my car into Sears Automotive in Hackensack, NJ because I felt a heavy vibration and front suspension issues... looseness, squeaking, clanging, etc.  I wanted them to check my tires and wheels for dents, bad tires, worn suspension etc.  I had the entire evening off and just waited in the waiting room in no hurry at all.

I asked the service manager for the Oil Change special that included Tire Rotation;  I explained;  I won't need tire rotation but can you STILL CHECK MY TIRES/WHEELS PLEASE.

2 hours later I look into the garage bay where my car is up in the air with the mechanic under it... I ask if I can take a look under there, he says sorry, no... I'll check it out and let you know what needs to be done.

A short while later he comes into the waiting area and says "Ok! all done... everythings fine" So I reply. [continued below]....

....... "Everythings fine???  Really?  How can that be?  I failed my state auto inspection due to worn suspension."  He then made a series of excuses and was "backpedalling" and suggested I come back in 2 days for a possible alignment.

3 days later while driving east at high speed on Rt. 80 I get a flat just as i'm pulling off the ramp to get onto Garden State Parkway North.... I pull into a parking lot and change my flat... but i'm shocked to see my rear flat tire with at least 18" of belt showing!!!  The tire was severely worn down to the tire, and only 3 days before the Sears mechanic supposedly diagnosed my wheels and tires AND SAID NOTHING except "Everythings fine".

I drove back to Sears in Hackensack, NJ and spoke with the manager Leah Morris who offered to give me a 10% discount on buying 2 new tires ($376).

ONE YEAR PREVIOUS TO THIS EVENT

I brought my car in because I felt I had a slow leak.  Asked them to check it, they said it was fine.  Next morning... tires flat.  What the hell is up with these guys?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/02/2013 06:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sears/Hackensack-New-Jersey-07601/Sears-Automotive-Negligible-and-Unsafe-Diagnosis-Hackensack-New-Jersey-1088841. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sears