Complaint Review: Sears

• Submitted: Tue, August 20, 2013
  • Updated: Tue, August 20, 2013

• Reported By: NoMoreKenmore — Cleveland Ohio
3333 Beverly Road Hoffman Estates, Illinois USA

Sears Kenmoore Pro Dishwasher is a Leaky Lemon, Sears Will Not Stand Behind the Product Hoffman Estates Illinois

*Author of original report: Thank you for the soliloquy

*UPDATE Employee: SearsCares

*General Comment: How exactly??

In 2006 we did an $85,000 renovation of our kitchen and chose to use all Kenmore Pro appliances. Our kitchen won NARI remodeling awards in northeast Ohio after its completion. Livig proof that beauty is not only skin deep. Unfortunately, choosing Kenmore appliances turned our dream kitchen into a nightmare kitchen.

We have had our dishwasher fixed approximately six times for leaking. If my memory serves me right we had it fixed three times in one year. The dishwasher leaks to this day. The Sears technicians have replaced the door seal multiple times thinking that would stop the leak. No luck. They ordered hinges and latches. No luck. We have paid repeatedly for subsequent repairs because Sears will only stand behind their repair 90 days, if at all. Even if it has been "fixed" five times for the same problem if the sixth event happens on day 91 Sears employs the “gotcha” and you have to pay again.

I contacted a chat agent at Sears hoping to find an alternative route to resolution. They told me to fix it myself by going to managemylife.com! They would be happy to send another technician and charge me again but if I am not willing to pay I have been told to fix it myself. How am I going to fix it if their repairmen could not figure it out? The agent then went on to say that Sears appreciates my business. That is obviouslynot true.

In addition to the dishwasher problems we just had our Kenmore Pro refrigerator “serviced” because the inside rusted. Yes, you read that right, a Pro refrigerator rusted on the inside. The technician, that we paid for, said it was defective workmanship but since it is no longer covered by warranty I have to pay for it. I have purchased the replacement panel, at my expense, and will have to install it myself unless I am willing to pay Sears for yet another service call.

We just had them look at our freezer because it is now frosting up inside. It appears the gasket is going bad. Sears charges $200 just for the service to replace the gasket. That does not include the part.

The fun does not end with the dishwasher, refrigerator, or freezer. We have a high end Kenmore flat cooktop. The numbers for the heat settings on our cooktop knobs all wore off when washed with warm water. My wife used a Sharpie to write the numbers back on because Sears said it is normal wear and tear and that replacement knobs will cost us $50 each. That is a nice addition to an $85,000 kitchen. Shame on us for thinking you could safely clean a part of the cooktop that gets greasy.

A dream kitchen that in reality is a nightmare kitchen. Buyer beware. Sears will not stand behind their products. It is not the same company it once was.

Sears sent me an email in regard to my complain on mythreecents.com. They offered to "assist" with another repair of the dishwasher. I had to ask four times what "assist" means. "Assist" means they will offer me a discount on parts. Unreal and insulting. Why would I pay any amount of money to have the dishwasher "fixed" again? Their technicians have proven that they are unable to fix it and they are now suggesting I should buy parts and pay them to "fix" it again. This is a complete leap of illogic. If I don't laugh I will cry.

Alternatively they offered a discount on a new Kenmore dishwasher. Again, this makes no sense. Given their track record why would I purchase another Kenmore dishwasher? That is nuts. They have proven repeatedly that they don't stand behind their inferior products. When I called back and left a voicemail telling them that any resolution that required one cent out of my pocket was unacceptable they stopped communicating. I am not surprised. I have completely given up on Sears. I will not buy a screwdriver from them and instead will do everything I can to tell people my story. Coincidentally, my in-laws are remodeling their kitchen and they asked us how we liked our appliances:) Needless to say they are not going to buy them from Sears.

Talk is cheap and they repeatedly say they value my business. In reality what they value is an unending stream of revenue for repairs that are the result of poor quality. They don't care that their substandard appliances are an Amityville horror for the homeowner. Once they have your money the game is over.

Message to Sears: Divest of Kmart and not loyal customers. Going to Home Depot to buy something other than a Kenmore.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/20/2013 08:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sears/Hoffman-Estates-Illinois-60179/Sears-Kenmoore-Pro-Dishwasher-is-a-Leaky-Lemon-Sears-Will-Not-Stand-Behind-the-Product-H-1077376. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sears

AUTHOR: NoMoreKenmoore - ()

You obviously missed the point. It is people like you that they will continue to take advantage of. I do not expect anything from Sears. The purpose was to alert people that their appliances are substandard. However, since you seem to know better feel free to purchase all Kenmore appliances. Maybe you can use your employee discount to get a good deal. Best of luck.

AUTHOR: Sears Cares - ()

Dear NoMoreKenmore,

My name is Edwin and I work with the Sears Social Media Escalations team. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the multiple problems you’ve had with your appliances. If we can be of further assistance, we’d like to speak to you about this experience and provide any assistance deemed necessary. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (NoMoreKenmore), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. We look forward hearing from you soon.

Edwin C.
Social Media Moderator
Sears Social Media Support

#3 General Comment

How exactly??

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()

How exactly do you expect anyone to stand behind a product that you purchased 7 years ago? You have had 7 years of use. At the most you MAY have gotten a extended 2 year warrenty. Just because you are charged for legitimate work being done is no reason to bad mouth a company. I can understand how frustrating this event may be for you, but youre lashing out at ppl who CANT do anything for you. See its that self entitled attitude that you are useing that has caused companies to only honor what they legally have to. Customer such as yourself who have highly unrealistic demands. You KNOW they cant do anything, but your going to make a stink until you get your way. This is WHY they wont "stand behind" thier product. They did not use your appliances, YOU did. THEY sold you a working unit and during the course of YOUR use it has become broken. Now that there is a cost that YOU have to pay, you go blasting thier name on the internet. Well let me be the first to tell you, we are not ALL slack jawed yokels who believe EVERY bit of information we see online. More often then not WE can see a situation for what it really is. All I can see is someone who is mad that they have to repair something and no one else is standing up to be responsable for it. In the end you have no one to blame but yourself. Not only for the descions made for purchasing these products, but for your use of them, and maintenance of these appliances. They WILL NOT do anymore then they are LEGALLY OBLIGATED to.

The funny thing is that although you are posting negativly online, you still expect them to do something for you. Common sense truly is a super power......