Complaint Review: SEARS

• Reported By: graham63 — Burbank California
3333 Beverly Road Hoffman Estates, Illinois USA

SEARS Kenmore Chest Freezer Hoffman Estates Illinois

*General Comment: Warranties

*Author of original report: Really now you weant to talk??

*UPDATE Employee: SearsCares

Bought a Kenmore chest freezer from Sears less then 2 years ago. Last Sunday my wife opened the freezer to find it was not cold. $300 worth of food was defrosting contacted Sears and they said they would get a technician to call me. 4 days later still no call.  After asking a friend to look at the freezer on the 1st day I was told it was the compressor which had failed with this information in hand I contacted Sears  Customer Service and Customer Care department. Whilst waiting for them to call back I did some research and found a lot of complaints about the model I had bought from Sears most of them had exact same problem the compressor had failed within 2 years.

On further research I found out that even had a technician come out they could not fix it as the part is no longer available, even if it was fixable the part and labor would be over $400 and the initial call out would have been $75.00.

Eventually CustomerCare called and I explained the situation and was basically told they could do nothing. I informed them of the numerous complaints I had found and was told nothing could be done to help. Back to more research and I find out the Dept. of Energy had tested the model and it used far more electricty then it should and Sears should have sent all its customers that bought the model a letter to inform them of a rebate program. Once again Sears had failed to send myself and probably many others any notification about it.

Another day another round of battling with Sears over the phone for some resolution more e mails and so it goes on. All e mails are standard replies with we appreciate your custom, we apologize, thank you for being a Sears customer. All I want is to get through to someone who really does care and appreciate a customer to try and resolve this issue. Their current response via the phone is sorry I am closing the case, i have even asked to speak to someone higher up the ranks and get told I can't speak to anyone higher as they are the highest level.

The appliance is a lemon has a known fault and Sears will not recognize it nor are they willing to do anything to resolve it.

Only thing Sears has offered is a small discount on a new chest freezer. Why on earth would I want to buy another chest freezer from Sears???? Once bitten twice shy. I would rather go elsewhere to a company that does appreciate its customers and is willing to resolve issues not just try and fob people off.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/01/2013 03:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SEARS/Hoffman-Estates-Illinois-60179/SEARS-Kenmore-Chest-Freezer-Hoffman-Estates-Illinois-1088700. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SEARS

#1 General Comment

AUTHOR: AusTex - ()

Warranties are provided by the Original  Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) and not by the retailer, in this case Sears. The OEM determines the terms of the warranty. In many cases the OEM warranty covers parts and labor for one year from the date that the consumer purchased the item or had it delivered/installed in the home. Sears does not manufacture appliances sold under the Kenmore brand name. The OEM is a separate company, for example, Whirlpool or LG, just to name just two of the many companies that manufacture items under the Kenmore brand.  In addition, the OEM is often the source of parts need to effect repairs. If parts are not available from the OEM or another parts provider, then no repair service can effect the repair.

This is all very frustrating for the consumer. This chest freezer "should" have functioned well for more than 2 years. But, the manufacturer only promised one year.

Really now you weant to talk??

AUTHOR: graham63 - ()

Last time I spoke with Sears I asked to speak to someone higher up in your company and was basically told NO. You already have all my information I have spoken numerous times to your so called case managers and all I get told is nothing Sears can do. Out of warranty ( not that your warranty helps from what I have read). I've tried to get help from your case managers and just get fed the same lines.

When I last spoke to your so called case managers was told I was going to be recorded. I had my phone recorder attached to the phone and said I was also going to record the conversation and was told I didn't have permission to do it. So what gives you the right to record me when I say you can't ????  Typical Sears want it all your way once you have the consumers money.

Is it to much to ask to speak to someone higher up the ladder in Sears that can actually do something rather then someone who can do nothing but read from a d**n script??? Last count was 6 phone conversations with your case managers. I have posted numerous complaints on mysearscommunity website. I suggest you get me someone that does care and appreciate my custom rather then a robot.

I'll keep going higher and higher until I do get through to somebody that will actually listen to my complaint and that can do something positive.

AUTHOR: Sears Cares - ()

Dear graham63,

We appreciate you for taking the time to reach out to us, and sorry for the troubles encountered with your freezer and how the calls were handled when you reached out for assistance. My name is Edwin and I’m with the Sears Cares Social Media Support team. We’d like to talk to you and have one of our dedicated case manager assist you in this matter.  Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (graham63) and the phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we apologize and we hope to speak with you soon.

Edwin C.