Complaint Review: sears

• Submitted: Thu, July 12, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, August 29, 2012

• Reported By: Tony — Wauchula Florida U.S.A.
sears
A3-220a, 333 Beverly Rd Hoffman Estates, Illinois United States of America

Sears swipes repair parts and wont honor warranty Hoffman Estates, Illinois

*Author of original report: Sears still wont back what they sell

Our air conditioner was icing up from loosing freon before it was a year old. We didnt figure out what was wrong until a month later and called sears.  The  booklet warrants sealed system for 5 years.

Sears came inspected ac and ordered parts, then left. We picked up the parts at the post office, and after a few phone calls complaining they returned a week or so later. After looking at the work they needed to do they refused to fix it claiming sulfur had damaged unit snatched up the parts we had picked up and left. Warranty literature does not exclude repair due to sulfur if that were the case which it is not. I cleaned the unit, and close examination revealed  some mold or algae on condenser but mostly oil from the leaking freon.

No sulfur  Three other ac units on the house each over three years old one about 7 have not had sulfur problems indicating no sulfur locally and they still operate. Numerous attempts to motivate sears to repair it have failed. They ruined my warranty with the manufacturer because someone didnt want to work late, or couldnt tell the difference between oil and sulfur. DON'T BUY FROM SEARS! I could have purchased a comparable unit from another place for about a hundred dollars less, but thought I was getting product support. I have spent thousands at Sears over the years, and they reward me with sarcasm and sorry about your luck. DON'T BUY FROM SEARS.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/12/2012 05:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/sears/Hoffman-Estates-Illinois-60179/Sears-swipes-repair-parts-and-wont-honor-warranty-Hoffman-Estates-Illinois-910663. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on sears

Sears still wont back what they sell

AUTHOR: Tony - (U.S.A.)

WOW Sears offered 50 dollars off on a new one. Competitors offer a comparable one for 50 or more less than Sears. Why would I buy from Sears again who scammed me? How do I now know they are crooked? We had an AC in this same window previously for 7 years. The blower bearings started going bad so I took it out and put a new Sears unit in. The new unit started icing up before 1 year was up and it had such a small freon leak I was unable to locate it. This leads me to believe it was leaking from the time the unit was new. Here's the clincher, We took the previous AC that was in the same window and put it back in after we took the Sears junk out. My father had put new bearings in the blower. So now this old previous AC is going on 7 and 1/2 years in the same window before and after the Sears junk one that lasted a year. Give me a break Sears Holdings where is the sulfur on this one?