• Report: #720514

• Reported By: dave — Paw Paw Michigan United States of America
sears

sears craftsman tools False advertising Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Sears Cares

I attempted to purchase a 10 inch contractor table saw on the internet. The original price was $599, the internet price was $548, under that was listed a price of $469.39 "after deducting applicable additional savings."  So I attempted to purchase the saw, but because I was using two different credit cards, I had to call the help number.  The lady who answered was very nice and we went throught the process.  At the end she said the price of the saw would be $548 plus tax.  I asked her why it wasn't the price advertised on the sears web site of 469.39.  She responded that price didn't apply because it says "online price only".  I asked her how to get the $469 price, but she had no information on how to get that price. I have sent a customer complaint to SEARS, but they pretty much blew me off.  How can a business advertise a online price and then in the fine print say, this doesn't apply to online items, even though its on their own web site.  FALSE ADVERTISING!!!!! And don't believe them, they don't care about you or your opinion!!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/21/2011 03:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/sears/internet/sears-craftsman-tools-False-advertising-Internet-720514. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on sears

Sears Cares

AUTHOR: Searscares - (U.S.A.)

Dear dave,

I saw your comment here and I wanted to reach out and apologize on behalf of Sears for what  happened when you attempted to order a table saw on Sears.com.  I can see how frustrating it  must have been to see one price online and then be quoted another price when you tried  to purchase the item.  We would very much like to speak with you regarding your ordering  experience and how we have disappointed you.

My name is Laura with the Sears Cares Escalations team.  At your convenience, please contact my  office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so that we may address the concerns you related in a  timely manner.  In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number  the tractor was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call  you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (dave) you used to post on this  site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Laura D.