Complaint Review: Sears

• Reported By: bm — Lawrence Kansas
Sears
Lawrence, Kansas United States of America

Sears Horrific service Lawrence, Kansas

My complaint is related to Sears merchandise and service. I purchased a new refrigerator 8/19/09. Today, I was told by a qualified service person the refrigerator was low on refrigerant, indicating a Sealed Refrigeration Unit problem. I called Sears...1st mistake. The first person barely spoke English, the second person spoke some English, the third person was helpful as far as it goes. Except, they argued the warranty did not cover the Sealed Refrigeration Unit as it was out of warranty.

I told them my manual indicated a five year warranty. They acknowledged such, but then tried to tell me I would be responsible for parts and labor. After I read the passage, "Costs for pick up and delivery of the appliance required because of service. Costs for labor, parts and transportation other than with respect to the cabinet liner or Sealed Refrigeration System." they finally agreed to send me to their scheduling department. By now, I have been on the phone for more than an hour.

Their scheduling person says, "The soonest we can have anybody there is the afternoon of the 18th (nearly 2 weeks away). I explained this was the lone refrigerator in the house and it needed to be fixed as soon as possible. They adhered to the 2 week schedule. Fully one and a half hours later, I am convinced Sears is third rate merchandise and service. So, now I am on a mission to let everybody know how lousy their merchandise and warranties are. I wouldn't buy a towel from them now. You can help by spreading the word.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/05/2013 03:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sears/Lawrence-Kansas-66044/Sears-Horrific-service-Lawrence-Kansas-1041035. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sears