rank

• Reported By: Jim C. — Mandeville Louisiana
Sears.com
3333 Beverly Rd. Hoffman Estates, Illinois USA

Sears.com Bad News Hoffman Estates Illinois

I purchased a used Motorola Razr V3xx cell phone from the Sears.com web site.  The phone was supposed to be pink in color and in excellent condition.  The only good thing I can say about the experience is that the phone was shipped and arrived quickly.  The problem was that I was sent a dark gray Motorola V3xx that was in very poor condition.

Upon receiving the wrong item, I phoned Sears.com and was told that I would have to deal with their third party seller, which was located in Alabama.  I found that odd since the package was shipped from Texas, but I did as they suggested and emailed their third party seller.  They did not respond.

Luckily, I paid for the phone via PayPal, so I filed a complaint with their resolution center.  I was instructed by them to send the phone back to Sears at an Illinois address and my money was refunded, but I did not recover the loss for return shipping.

This was my second experience with Sears.com and both were negative.  Their problem is that they deal with fly-by-night third party sellers and there is very poor communication and no accountabiliity.  I will never buy anything from Sears ever again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/14/2013 06:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Searscom/Hoffman-Estates-Illinois-60179/Searscom-Bad-News-Hoffman-Estates-Illinois-1106958. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sears.com