Complaint Review: Security Networks

Miami, Florida USA

Security Networks Claimed to still have an active account for me. Miami Florida

*Author of original report: Update

*Author of original report: Monitronics d/b/a Security Networks

This company stopped monitoring my system and stopped receiving funds from my banking account.  I was informed that they had, in fact, gone bankrupt.

On 03/11/2014, I received an invoice from them stating that I owed $25.00.  During a phone conversation with their representative, it was revealed that they are still receiving money, but my accounts show nothing being taken from the accounts.

I mailed a letter to them today informing them that my account with them has been void for some time due to lack of performance on their part, that they are not, nor have they ever been, authorized to take any funds from my accounts, and that my financial institution will be notified.

Not the most business-like or trustworthy company I have ever dealt with.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/11/2014 02:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Security-Networks/Miami-Florida-165923/Security-Networks-Claimed-to-still-have-an-active-account-for-me-Miami-Florida-1129948. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Security Networks

Update

AUTHOR: SFCRetired - ()

I received a telephone call today from a Monitronics CSR.  Young lady (I regret I did not get her name) was very polite, very professional, listened carefully to what I said and, in the end, resolved the entire situation.  Any amounts billed to me were waived and the account definitely closed.

Should there be any further developments, I will post them here.

Monitronics d/b/a Security Networks

AUTHOR: SFCRetired - ()

Monitronics, d/b/a Security Networks, local office went bankrupt.  My system developed a fault and I found that I had no local agent to contact.  It proved to be impossible to contact the parent company by either telephone or internet.

At that time, I called in another company to both repair the fault and to take up monitoring the system.

Since I was unable to contact either Monitronics or Security Networks by telephone or email, I sent a letter advising them that their service had been interrupted by their own negligence.  I never received an acknowledgement but did start receiving bills from them.  So far, I have sent three letters outlining their breach of contract, but have yet to receive an acknowledgement.