Complaint Review: security solutions

• Updated: Fri, September 28, 2012

• Reported By: angry civilian — chicago United States of America
security solutions
jefferson park, broadview, Illinois chicago, Illinois United States of America

security solutions SCAM. DO NOT WORK FOR THEM, SLAVE LABOR, YOU WILL NOT BE PAID FAIR, YOU WILL GO DOOR TO DOOR TRYING TO SELL BOGUS SECURITY SYSTEMS! chicago, Illinois

*General Comment: Oh Really???

*Author of original report: Security Solutions Update-Perc Card Recieved-Clarification on soome Matters-

Security Solutions is a SCAM!THEY ARE NOT BASED BROADVIEW,they work out
of a tiny office in Jefferson Park suite 506(4849 N Milwaukee ave Suite 506 up on the 5th floor. Chicago, IL 60630)They hire people, say they
will receive a PERC card- clearing them to work in the security
field- THEY DO NOT! But they will make their employees pre pay out of
their 1st pay checks- which are EXTREMELY UNDER MINIMUM WAGE. They claim
to be part of ADT- They are an independent contractor that push DOOR to

DOOR sales for systems that have nothing but complaints using false
scripts to lure people into signing up right then and there.Stay away
from this company. They use SLAVE LABOR and DO NOT pay their
unsuspecting sales people fair wages, even if they are working 40+ hours
going door to door under pressure, and DO NOT CARE WHO THEY SCAM, IN YOUR
OWN HOUSE. DO NOT LET THEM IN.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/18/2012 03:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/security-solutions/chicago-Illinois-/security-solutions-SCAM-DO-NOT-WORK-FOR-THEM-SLAVE-LABOR-YOU-WILL-NOT-BE-PAID-FAIR-YO-914029. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on security solutions

#1 General Comment

Oh Really???

AUTHOR: concernedcitizen - (United States of America)

Really???

Then why has Security Solutions been around for over 20+ years and when I last checked... they have a A+ Rating with the Better Business Bureau???

What about them is a scam??? They provide ADT Home Security to customers. They knock on doors... so what???

They don't "work out of a tiny office in Jefferson Park", that is their 2nd office. Their other office is their corporate office. The Jefferson Park office on the 5th floor is their sales/training office. I don't think it's tiny.

Yes, they do have all of their sales people apply for a PERC card. It's the LAW. Every one of them have it. If they FAIL and don't get cleared then THEY CAN'T HIRE THEM. Sales is a high attrition business (based on your punctuation & grammar, you will probably need to look up what attrition means) but because of the high attrition, they require you to pay the small fee for the PERC card. They don't ask for it up front and make it easier by taking the fee out of their 1st commission check. They do that because that's what most sales people REQUEST. So what???

Extremely under minimum wage? It's commission only. You sound like someone that worked there and couldn't sale a life preserver to a drowning man. Upset are we???

They DO NOT CLAIM to be ADT. They CLEARLY teach & train ALL their employees that they are a DEALER for ADT. That is taught and repeated over and over. You are misinformed and clearly someone that failed or was rejected from their office.

Nothing but complaints? Again... they have an A+ Rating with the BBB. Clearly a LIE.

Using false scripts? I don't even know what that means....

Slave labor? You must be a liberal kid that thinks you deserve money doing nothing that has no idea what a job means. We work LESS than most.

Fair wages? Again... it's commission only. Maybe you need to look up that word, too... I dunno.

Good luck working at McDonald's. They take uneducated people ;-)

Security Solutions Update-Perc Card Recieved-Clarification on soome Matters-

AUTHOR: angry civilian - (USA)

I was since contacted by Security Solutions since posting and I would like to thank them for their clarification on some matters,First they ARE based out of Broadview.The office at 4849 N.Milwaukee,in Jefferson Park is a branch,and a fairly new office,they ARE however BASED in Broadview,IL(1850 S 25th Ave Broadview,IL,www.yellowpages.com/broadview-il/mip/security-solutions-inc-21883691). I apologize for the mix up in saying that they are NOT based in Broadview,and they clearly are. I just trained at a separate location-Jeff Park(4849 N Milwaukee ave Suite 506 Chicago,IL)

Next,I HAVE received the PERC card! It came in the mail just a short time ago. It was a relief since I had felt as if they ripped me off by deducting it from my only check and I had to pay for my finger prints which added up..and it had been some time, so I was afraid it wasn't sent in.But it was.As it was  explained, anything that gets submitted to anything government can take some time to get processed and sent out. They submitted my information,finger prints,etc.. and I like to thank them for sending me actual conformation/tracking numbers.

They really went out of their way to clear all grievances and supply me with any information that would be helpful. Next..I would like to apologize and clear that they ARE INFACT PART OF ADT. Right on their website homepage it clearly says 'ADT AUTHORIZED DEALER' And if you simply scroll down it clearly gives an IL licence number: "ADT Monitored Home Security Systems: Americas#1 Choice for Home Security 2007-2012 Security Solutions IL Lics # 127-000826" So I was in fact wrong and apologize for the false/mis information. Also I suppose using the word "Slave labor" is a bit harsh.

It IS a commission based job with the POSSIBILITY(?) of Hourly-Honestly I'd have to re-read the paperwork regarding that in detail.If you get a certain number of demos/presentations,I think they start to pay hourly?Again I'm not sure and have heard of people with good sales making really good money.All I can do is speak on my behalf which is that I- A.Had Orientation 5/16/12. B. By Saturday,5/19/12,after going to door to door for a couple (apx 6-8) hours,stepping in occasionally to strangers houses for a brief demonstration(we are instructed to phone our team leaders from our cell phones once invited in)some times or out before they get there if people just want to be brief.

I made one sale that had an install date set for 6/7/12. I stopped coming in because when I was merely contacted my team leader about an appointment/potential sale set for the next day(she went home early,she was ill) because I was being told something else from out Temp.Team leader, I was sent unbeliably immature,harassing text messages.I was beyond shocked at the level of unprofessionalism this INDIVIDUAL was demonstating.I was under the impression that ADT was a professional place of business-and it very much is,but for this individual to harass me at 11:30pm(Work ends at 9/9:30pm mon-fri,with earlier start and off time for Saturday.)

I was shocked and intimidated and very unsure about coming in the next day since it seemed both team leaders were also communicating information. It made it very stressful and and tense. I suffer from terrible anxiety so ended up turning around once I was got off the train. I had to leave town for a wedding I was in and I'm not sure if the sale ever went through.So in the end for about two weeks of going door to door making a sale, presentations.. etc, Monday -Saturday I finally received my check,to my disappointment it was $125 with perc card fee deducted(they said it would be)so minus-train fare-lunch/bottled water-$60 finger print-cell phone usage-late night harassment from Team leaders..."Slave labor" maybe isn't the right word..

Also regarding their script,There's nothing in it that states that anything in it is False.They state their name:"Security Solutions"and that ARE an AUTHORIZED ADT dealer. I hope this clears up any misunderstanding that The public or Security Solutions may have.Again,I'd like to thank them for all their help and time in resolving any questions I had and for being very,very helpful and kind in making sure I receive fair compensation.I apologize for the initial mix up and that the harassment from one does not tarnish a great and reputable company like ADT.