Complaint Review: securus payments

• Updated: Mon, July 15, 2013

• Reported By: me — somewhere Colorado
securus payments
7724 SE Aspen summit dr ste 300 portland , Oregon USA

securus payments DO NOT Do business with this company! They lied to me telling me that the terminal was free ,I denied the ternimal telling them that I already had one and didnt want it ,they sent it anyway, the terminal was not only not free but was also a non cancelable lease from first data and cost 2,500.00. I tried calling them with very little help. The salseman carson cook told me that they would pay for my cancelation fee from my former processor and that was a lie as well. When I went to work this out I spent hours on the phone getting switched from company to company. Nowhere and at no time did I know that I was signing a 24 month non cancelable contract for a piece of equipment that i did not want or need. . First data turned me over to collections and refused to work with me. If you sign on with securus you are sure to be ripped off and lied to. check their bbb ratings! portland Oregon

*Consumer Suggestion: get the sales person's info

Securus lied to me on two major issues. First I was never told I was signing a contract for a processing termial. I even declined the terminal and told the salesman that I did not want it. They sent it anyway and I had now idea that I was now in a non cancelable 24 month contract for a piece of equipment that i declined, didnt want, didnt need and cost me 2,500.00. They also told me that they would pay for my cancellation fee from my former processor, which they never did. I tried calling both compaines, first data and securus and they would not help me, first data turned me over to collections and I tried to deal with them and they would not help me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/15/2013 08:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/securus-payments/portland-Oregon-97266/securus-payments-DO-NOT-Do-business-with-this-company-They-lied-to-me-telling-me-that-th-1067051. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on securus payments

#1 Consumer Suggestion

get the sales person's info

AUTHOR: Mike - ()

get the sales persons personal info like this,    it will scare away the scammers when they know you will go after them

sales persons  appointment request

company name      ------------------------------------------

company address ------------------------------------------

company phone/fax number ---------------------------------------

sales persons name------------------------------------------

sales persons home address --------------------------------------

sales persons home phone number------------------------------

sale persons cell phone number-----------------------------------

attach copy of sales persons drivers licsence  here ***

the purpose of this fourm is  in case we do not like your product, or feel we were ripped off. we will come after you, not your company

I agree to these terms

sales person sign and date here ----------------------------------