• Report: #581983

Complaint Review: Sedgwick Claims Management Services, Inc.

• Submitted: Wed, March 17, 2010
  • Updated: Wed, March 17, 2010

• Reported By: Donald — Falls Church Virginia United States of America
Sedgwick Claims Management Services, Inc.
po box 15663 lexington, Kentucky United States of America

Sedgwick Claims Management Services, Inc. Denying legit medical claims for workers comp, on the job injury lexington , Kentucky

I was injured while conducting the course of my work as a service plumber. As i was walking down some stairs at a customers house, I turned my ankle while carrying material and tools to my truck, resulting in a fall and severely sprained ankle. Immediate swelling. I report my injury as my employment policy and went to the ER the next day when swelling increased.
 As my work is labor intense with much heavy lifting of boxes, parts, water heaters, toilets, 50 pound tool bags, drain machines and stairs etc I was unable to work for 8 weeks until a reevaluation. After my reevaluation I was given another 8 weeks with light duty. My job has no light duty. Another 8 weeks off. When I learned I was denied my workers comp for this  I filed a claim against them with the Virginia Workers Compensation Commission.   They are now requesting medical records. Im sure I will never see a penny from these crooks. I decided at that point to change careers, as I cannot count on any compensation for injuries and my injury never healed up in a manner I felt would allow me to keep working without further injury to myself.

I had heard in the past workers comp claims are always denied and was told good luck ever seeing a cent.

It is a shame this is what it has come to to earn a living in the United States, a person working hard in a needed field cannot be treated with any respect or concern, it is no wonder only illegal aliens want to work in these fields anymore.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/17/2010 09:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sedgwick-Claims-Management-Services-Inc/lexington-Kentucky-40512/Sedgwick-Claims-Management-Services-Inc-Denying-legit-medical-claims-for-workers-comp-581983. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sedgwick Claims Management Services, Inc.