Complaint Review: Seelenbacher Jewelers

• Updated: Fri, August 09, 2013

• Reported By: George B. — Alameda California
Seelenbacher Jewelers
1507 Webster Street Alameda, Select State/Province USA

Seelenbacher Jewelers Unnecessary delays...misinformation...poor workmanship Alameda California

I  have waited before writing this review to be objective.  My business contact with Mr. Seelenbacher has been a series of negatives.  They include unnecessary trips to his shop, untrue repair information and poor workmanship.  This also includes a family member's watch which failed within three months of repair.  I made between 7 and 9 trips to his store.  Half of these were wasted time because he was too busy to help me even through I was the only one in his shop.  I paid $200 to have my Accutron watch overhauled.  Pricy but worth the fee if it had been done correctly.  when he returned it to me, the watch was not keeping correct time.  The crystal was burned by sloppy buffing and there was a gouge in one of the strap ears that detracted from its appearance.  When I brought this to his attention, he focused only on the mechanical part of the refurbishment  and said it was problematic because the repairs entailed five chemical washes and dealing with 200 parts.  The damage to the case and crystal was never explained.  I later learned from a watch repairman, with 45 plus years of experience, that I was given highly exaggerated information. Finally to end the experience, He agreed to return my money in exchange for the watch and its 14K gold  scrap value.

Based on my experience, I suggest you consider a different jeweler.  Research what you want done and have him explain it to you.  Do some comparative shopping.  Mr. Seelenbacher is a very personable man but not a good jeweler---BEWARE!

GeorgeBlick

(((ROR redacted)))

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/09/2013 06:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Seelenbacher-Jewelers/Alameda-Select-StateProvince-94501/Seelenbacher-Jewelers-Unnecessary-delaysmisinformationpoor-workmanship-Alameda-Cal-1074565. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Seelenbacher Jewelers