Complaint Review: Select Comfort - Selectcomfort - Selectcomfort.com - Sleep Number Bed

• Submitted: Tue, August 24, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, August 24, 2010

• Reported By: SM — Bedford Texas USA
Select Comfort - Selectcomfort - Selectcomfort.com - Sleep Number Bed
p.O.Box 981127 El Paso, Texas United States of America

Select Comfort - Selectcomfort - Selectcomfort.com - Sleep Number Bed In the red for approx $350 just to try the bed. El Paso, Texas

We viewed the Sleep Number bed in the mall 2 or 3 times and ordered the C series bed. We were required to pay $150 for delivery and set up.

The bed was delivered and set up efficiently. Just looking at it was the most disappointing moment of my life. It was nothing as seen in the store. Lying down on it was like sleeping on a wooden platform. Very disappointing.

I called up Customer Service at Select Comfort and told them of my disappointment with the bed, saying that there was no plushness or feeling of lying on a luxury mattress, having agreed to pay $2,500 for it. The CSR agreed that that perticular model was a little bland and offered to send a foam pad free of cost. I was very unhappy with the purchase and requested a return.

I was informed that I could not return it for 30 days due to policy. After 30 days if I still wanted to return the bed, either I could do so myself by packing it up and shipping it back which would cost about $150 plus packaging material or let Select Comfort pick it up for approx $199. I chose the later and was out of pocket for almost $350 just for trying the bed for 30 days.

I think the 30 day policy is to ensure they dont have to cover the cost of S&H. The bed, the materials and its feel is not worth the cost of the material its made off. I went out and bought a Heavenly Sleep mattress from Mattress Giant, which was a million times better than the Sleep Number bed. This is cheaper and definitely better. Buyer beware of even trying the Sleep Number.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/24/2010 06:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Select-Comfort-Selectcomfort-Selectcomfortcom-Sleep-Number-Bed/El-Paso-Texas-/Select-Comfort-Selectcomfort-Selectcomfortcom-Sleep-Number-Bed-In-the-red-for-appr-634334. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Select Comfort - Selectcomfort - Selectcomfort.com - Sleep Number Bed