Complaint Review: Select Home Warranty

• Updated: Sun, September 22, 2013

• Reported By: phyl — Grand Rapids Michigan
Select Home Warranty
One International Blvd. Suite 400 Mahwah, New Jersey USA

Select Home Warranty Misrepresent services provide, DO NOT provide services promised, Unprofessional, Horrendous customer service, Terrible communication, Mahwah New Jersey

Their salespeople made many promises of excellent service and provided much reassurance that they will provide service even when I expressed concern that the home I purchased has old appliances, and the water heater, furnace and central air are also all older. The assured me that this is OK, they expect to have claims filed and that is why they provide the service they provide. They were very reassuring and confident that they could provide excellent service for me which made me feel that I was purchasing an excellent home warranty. They also bragged that they have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau.

The first time I tried to request a service-person, it took me 5 times contacting them and filing the claim 5 times before they actually contacted a service-person. (They kept telling me that they did not have any report that I had requested service.) They then told me I had to pay 3 service fees because I had 3 appliances that needed repair; they had told me in their sales pitch that one service visit was one fee no matter how many things they needed to repair. They also demanded that I send them a copy of my home inspection that I had done prior to my purchasing the home. They also demanded pictures of my appliances and records of the maintenance and service records of all of my appliances, furnace, water heater and central air conditioner. I told them I did not have the service records as the previous owner (an elderly lady with Alzheimer's Dementia) did not leave any records when I purchased the home. I did, in the evening when it was extremely inconvenient for me, had my home inspection scanned and I emailed it to them as they had demanded. The following day they had still not contacted a service-person for repairs as they were still demanding my home inspection which I told them multiple times I had emailed the previous night like they had requested. My home inspection shows that everything was working of the things I was requesting repairs (except for one thing that I did not realize was a pre-existing condition and so I cancelled the request for service on this repair). They did only charge me 2 service fees because I complained that this is not what I was told when I purchased the policy-this is the only good thing that they have done.

My oven is non-repairable and the contract states that they will provide some of the replacement cost of a non-repairable item. They are refusing to provide any of the replacement costs stating that my non-working oven was a pre-existing condition. I have contacted this company several times and seem to always be talking to the same 3 men. They want to cancel my contract and refund the monies I have paid. I told them I did not want a refund, I want them to provide the services they have promised me. They have now put my account "on hold" and are refusing to cover any of the cost of a replacement oven.

My dishwasher is now not working, I called to file a request for services. They took all of my information and told me I would receive a confirmation email from them including the name of the contractor who would provide services. I never received that email so I called back to let them know I never received the information. They they told me that my account is "on hold" and they cannot accept any requests for services from me. I wanted to speak to someone in a higher position and they stated I would not be able to do that and I needed to wait until they contact me. Per my contract, I cannot contact a service-person on my own as their contract states they have to find a service provider for me. I cannot go purchase a new oven as if I do this prior to their approval, they will not cover any replacement so I am now without appliances and at their mercy awaiting their responses.

I feel, that because I had several claims, they do NOT want to provide services for me. I have been treated very rudely, been put off and only end up talking to the same 3 men who sound very young and unprofessional.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/22/2013 09:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Select-Home-Warranty/Mahwah-New-Jersey-07495/Select-Home-Warranty-Misrepresent-services-provide-DO-NOT-provide-services-promised-Unp-1086442. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Select Home Warranty