Complaint Review: Select Portfolio Service

• Updated: Sun, July 21, 2013

• Reported By: Louise — St.Cloud Florida
Select Portfolio Service
P.O. Box 65250 Salt Lake City, Utah USA

Select Portfolio Service Would not work with us to refinance my mortgage with them and kept telling us the mortage would be higher and therefore had done a short sale and got rid ot the property. Reapeated attempts to work with them but they kept insisting they would not. Under the new new I thought all morgage companies or banks are suppose to work with the consumers to help people keep there property, not in my case they did not. Salt Lake City Utah

Select Portfolio Service would not work with my mortgage with them.  They kept telling me that if I refinaced with them my mortgage would be higher than it is now.  Which I could not afford to pay two mortgages with one income coming in. So I had to do a short sale on the property and get rid of it. Is there anything I can do to get some money back on this lose?? Are they in the clear as far as their rights??  Every single time I tried to negotiate with them they declined .  I thought they were compelled to work ( by the government law) with people with the new laws that came out in 2009, 2010.  Is there anything I can do about this???

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/21/2013 04:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Select-Portfolio-Service/Salt-Lake-City-Utah-84165/Select-Portfolio-Service-Would-not-work-with-us-to-refinance-my-mortgage-with-them-and-ke-1068916. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Select Portfolio Service