Complaint Review: Select portfolio services

• Updated: Mon, June 10, 2013

• Reported By: Will — Garner North Carolina
Select portfolio services
P. O. Box 65250 Salt Lake City, Utah USA

Select portfolio services Delayed my loan mod.(lost Docs.) did not report my mort. pymts Gave bad credit rpts. Salt Lake City Utah

I've been with Select Portfolio Services since they were Fairbanks,and they file Bankruptcy to avoid payments to claimants for faudulent practices.

I've tried several times to get Refi but, they report to the Credit Bureaus that I am months behind on my mort. pymts while I am making pymts and waiting for approval.

This latest episode has been going on for about 4 mos. I signed and mail all of the documents in Jan.2013. My three month trail period was Feb., Mar., & Apr., and my loan mod. aggreement took effect April 1, 2013. I signed and mailed all documentsas directed. I mailed my May pymt in April, It was processed and reached my bank 15 days later. I called and asked what was going on and was told that my documents were mailed to the wrong department, and later they were discovered in the filming dept. and every thing was fine. I was sent a letter on May 16, dated May 8 that I had a new Relationship Mgr. (Lupe Toko) 866-820-6218-ext.36588.

After making my June pymt, I called again on June 6 2013. I got the same run around. My docs. were lost and I had to fax them again, for the second time after mailing them twice. You never get to speak to the same Rep. twice and I have never been able to speak to my Relationship Mgr.

I asked why the credit reporting agency were reporting that I was 60 days late on my Mortgage pymts and I was current and the rep. told me that I was late under the old agreement and until all my paperwork cleared they had to report it like that.

I can't get credit or Refi any where else as long as they continue to make these reports and drag out this process.

These practices are illegal, immoral, and unethical and this company should not be in business especially while masquerading as a participant  of the U. S. Treasury's Making Home Affordable Program (MHA)

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/10/2013 02:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Select-portfolio-services/Salt-Lake-City-Utah-84165-0250/Select-portfolio-services-Delayed-my-loan-modlost-Docs-did-not-report-my-mort-pymts-1058002. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Select portfolio services