Complaint Review: select portfolio servicing, Inc.

• Submitted: Sat, July 09, 2011
  • Updated: Sat, May 31, 2014

• Reported By: stevieready — evansville Indiana United States of America
select portfolio servicing, Inc.
3815 South West Temple Salt Lake City, Utah United States of America

select portfolio servicing, Inc. starting class action law suit against Select Portfolio... Please end me your info. to be part of it. Salt Lake City, Utah

*Consumer Comment: ADD ME I have filed a complaint as well with the Federal Consumer Finance Protection Bureau Mortgage Complaint Division

*Consumer Comment: Include me on the lawsuit

*Consumer Comment: Class action law suits

*Consumer Comment: had enough of sps

*Consumer Comment: Information on Any Lawsuit

*Consumer Comment: Class Action is not the answer!

*Consumer Comment: Add me to the lawsuit

*Consumer Comment: What is the status of this class action suit?

*Consumer Comment: Would like to be contacted about the class-action lawsuit and any updated information.

*Consumer Comment: Bank of Americas Partner in Crime

*Consumer Comment: adding shortfall fees

*Consumer Comment: And me also

*Consumer Comment: add mt to class action

*Consumer Comment: SPS

*Consumer Comment: I want in on the lawsuit

*General Comment: Count Me In!

*General Comment: What is the status of the suit????

*Consumer Comment: Count me in!

*Consumer Comment: I am interested also

*Consumer Comment: Im in

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: I'm In! I would love to be a part of a Lawsuit

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: And this whole time i though i was the only one getting scammed.

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: SPS lawsuit

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: all together stop the abuse

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: I will be happy be included

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: I have the exact same issues with SPS

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Agree SPS is very likely working fraudulently

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: SPS

*General Comment: Class Action Lawsuit

*General Comment: how to include myself in class action against sps

*Consumer Comment: Count Me IN!

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Add to Lawsuit

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: SElect portfolio servicing

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: SPS

*Consumer Comment: Class action suit..

*Consumer Comment: Need more information

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: SPS Frauding America 1 home at a time!

*Consumer Comment: We would LOVE to be a part of the lawsuit!

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: include me

Attention all who have been ripped off by Select Portfolio.  Your home is your castle.  They have broke the law big time and need to pay.  We must force our government officials to react by bringing legal force to the court room.

Please email me or write me or call me with your complete info and rip off you have with Select Portfolio.  Class action law suit brings big attention from the state attorneys in your state.

Organize with me now.........I am an American Citizen........Aren't YOU?

Class Action starting NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Join In...................

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/09/2011 04:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/select-portfolio-servicing-Inc/Salt-Lake-City-Utah-84115/select-portfolio-servicing-Inc-starting-class-action-law-suit-against-Select-Portfolio-751128. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on select portfolio servicing, Inc.

AUTHOR: CYanke - ()

I have had this constant struggle going on with SPS for over 2 years and have not been able to get anyone to move against them.

Please contact me regarding a class action lawsuit and if needs be, reference CFPB case number: 140227-002178

My contact information is viewable to subscribed members and I can be contacted immediately regarding this matter.

Include me on the lawsuit

AUTHOR: Tyree - ()

My Morage was sold to SPS fron Chase in Febuary 2013,  I had a work plan with Chase before the sold it , SPS told me that they would honor any plans that Chase had in Place after a few months SPS told me that they could not find in documention from Chase and that they could not honor the rangement. They told me to submitt a packet for a Loan Mod that they had many programs that they could Help me get my payments back. I submitted my packet my claim they didn't get the all the informatio, The kicker is that the only way that I found out that I needed the informaion was when I called them, They never once since a letter or contacted me to let me know that something was missing.  When you call you never get the same person. They strech out all the responces for 90 days then they want you to resumit your packet again. They expalin that they are try to help you with HARP or other Load Modifications but when it fails they have a plan for you to come up with a ton of Money.

Please inculde me in the law suit

Tyree Royster

Email tyree0918@gmail.com

Class action law suits

AUTHOR: ramjet - ()

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with any of your complaints but you need to be aware that class action law suits do not benefit anyone except the lawyers.

They are VERY expensive and even if one is approved, goes to court and wins, do not expect to get more than a few bucks from it.

I have been a party in a couple class action law suits. In one I got a coupon for something worth about $5.00, I don't even remember what it was.  The other I ended up getting about $30.00.

The original one to bring the suit gets some more but that's it. The lawyers get everything else.

I'm just saying, don't have any big expectations from one.

had enough of sps

AUTHOR: dave from ri - ()

count me in on lawsuit for sps

Information on Any Lawsuit

AUTHOR: Jen - ()

Please contact me with any information on a class action as I'm now dealing with SPS.

Class Action is not the answer!

AUTHOR: Katslair - ()

We joined a HUD class action lawsuit against Fairbanks Capital, who is now Select Portfolio.  They stole over 5K from us and because there were so many victims, out of a 40M settlement, we received only $186!!!  In my opinion, our mortgage should have been reduced by the amount they stole from us!  Once you sign a class action, you agree to accept what you are given.  The lawyers are the ones that benefit from a class action because all of their expenses come off the top.  Please seek your own attorney and fight them!  We ended up refying to finally get away from this preditory lender.  If you have to remain with them, be sure all monies sent are by certified mail so you can prove they were sent on time.  It is sad when the Federal Government has to sue a company!

Add me to the lawsuit

AUTHOR: David - ()

David Bundrick  can be reached at david_bundrick@yahoo.com  live in Texas SPS was working with us on short sale as they had uped our payments to the point we could not pay.  Tried the programs but they kept telling us we did not qualify.  Set price on short sale was less than 80 thousand.  they told us no more interest or pen. while this was being processed.  House burned down in Nov. of last year.  Price went up to 87 thousand and they started charging interest and penalities.  Insurence paid off in Jan. this year SPS attorney had payment sent to them.  Cashed without our signatures kept about 15 thousand for himself and after 45 days released the rest to SPS. Who during this time clamed they did not know who this was or where our money was. I had to send them copies of the cashed checks.  They charged me interest and penelties on the time they had the money in their account plus reg morgage payments and sent me 37 thousand.  I feel I am stilled owed 20 thousand dollars.  This is just another rip off in a long line of rip offs by this company.

What is the status of this class action suit?

AUTHOR: degarmo64 - ()

I see this report is 3 years old... has there ver been a lawsuit filed? Please update this report. If this is serious, then yes I want in, but it looks like it's all talk and no actual lawsuit?

AUTHOR: JD - ()

Please add me to the CLASS-ACTION AGAINST SPS.

tetigurl@yahoo.com or bow_pro1@yahoo.com

Select Portfolio Servicing opened on escrow account in 2011 to pay my taxes which I've been paying ever since on 2-11-2014. The City Of Utica Urban Renewal Agency POSTED a notice to VACATE property by 3-31-2014 at that time I had contacted SPS to find out why my taxes weren't paid there reply was we sent you a letter of denial in Dec 2013 for escrow modification I told them I never received any letter(s) stating of such if I did I would have taken action to resolve this before it escalated to this point also asked why it took 3 years to notify me of this. There was no response to that question just to fax a copy of the notice to vacate to put in for review. Which I did on 2-11-2014 but took then till 3-18-2014 to send a conformation letter to my fax that it was still being reviewed at this point my house is up for auction by the city.

Bank of Americas Partner in Crime

AUTHOR: ldeweaver - ()

I would like to join the class action lawsuit. My loan was also sold to Select Portfolio Servicing from BOA. We need to not only sue them but also start a nation wide boycott. It will take some time and effort but if we all stick together we will overcome. ldeweaver@outlook.com Lets take these financial terrorists down.

adding shortfall fees

AUTHOR: Janet - ()

This company is raising my payment by 400.00 stating that there was a shortfall because we didnt have insurance and taxes added into our loan when the took over our loan from Chase.  We have the affordable homes program and our loan was looked over by the attoney general because Chase had been giving us the run around for 1yr1/2.  I have all the orginal paper work and the goverenmt's affordable homes program HAS to have your insurance and taxes included into the payment.  They increased our payment by increasing our insurance and taxes, then tacked on another 2600.00 saying the is the short fall.  Well if you increased the insurance and taxes payout and I'm paying that increase every month how is it a short fall and you are then adding another 2600.00.  I checked with my taxes and insurance those things never did get increased I am fighting with them to take my payment back to where it was.  Add me to this class action if possible or direct me to someone here in the Indiana area!!

And me also

AUTHOR: Erec - ()

I did a loaned modification with BOA and paid it off with the paper work to proove it. SPS refuses to update my account. They have giving me the run around since my load has been with them

add mt to class action

AUTHOR: Victim in austin, tx - ()

cfishintx@yahoo.com

512-787-0196

loan 0015151830

AUTHOR: Barb_W - ()

I want in. I am so sick of being cheated by this company.

bewinham@yahoo.com

I want in on the lawsuit

AUTHOR: drdon - ()

I too am a 'customer' and I use the term loosely, of SPS. They are a fraudulent company that I am dealing with. I also want in on the class action suit.

My contact email is drdonem@comcast.net

#16 General Comment

Count Me In!

AUTHOR: illdsign4u - ()

I had a decently priced mortgage and received a letter with a 10 day notice that my mortgage was going up over $200 per month.  I called SPS to find out why and they said it was because of an escrow shortage that had happened 1 1/2 years ago when my insurance went up.  They claimed that they happened to review my account and found the shortage. Now I am struggling to pay an inflated mortgage which from my understanding is going to take more than 3 years to pay off this so called escrow shortage.  They need to do escrow reviews on a regular basis so that if there is a shortage it does not fall 1 1/2 years behind.  Not to mention, if they were on top of things, an escrow would never be 1 1/2 years behind in the first place!

#17 General Comment

What is the status of the suit????

AUTHOR: KSS - ()

I'm dealing with this Company and would love to join in. Any updates!?? They must be stopped.

Count me in!

AUTHOR: Mopus - ()

My loan was sold to SPS from Chase.  I have two insurance claims and have been lied to on at least six occassions about being sent a check for repairs.  Just today I learned that they had cut and mailed a check to me on 12/24 and sent via FEDEX.  Now I learned that "they lost the check, numbers did not match . . " and they are redepositing the check into my escrow account. They will reorder and send the check.  REALLY??

Count me in for any class action activity.  I am clearly getting jerked around.

I am interested also

AUTHOR: kdj0596 - ()

Please send information on what to do. They need to be stopped.

Im in

AUTHOR: Susie - ()

I too have a mortgage that originated with Country Wide, transferred to BOA, and is now with SPS. I was laid off for a short while in 2008 while with BOA, while just 3 weeks late was offered modification assistance. It sounded so appealing that I fell for it. The end result was an escrow was created that escalated with all kinds of ridiculously added expense, my house payment doubled, I was told to just pay what I could during review, and then after a 2 year struggle trying to pay the double charges was told I was not eligible and because I did as instructed and paid what I could I was 6 then 6 months behind. I borrowed from every possible source I could to get caught up and avoided foreclosure. I did still have a huge backwards escrow balance I had to pay off before my account could go back to the original payment with me paying my own insurance and property taxes.  In 2011 the mortgage was handed over to SPS. I had no knowledge of this companyso after struggling with BOA for years I had hopes I could pay the escrow off, get my credit straightened up, and get some real financing. I spoke with a SPS representative and was told the escrow would have to be paid off before it could be removed. I started paying it down  whenever my budget allowed. I got it down to a little over $1600. The balance amount I got was given to me from a SPS representative. I paid it, then called the next month to ask why there was still an escrow added to my payment. I was told I still owed an additional $63 on the escrow. I paid my monthly payment plus the $63. The next month there is still an additional escrow added to my payment. I callled again and was told I still had a escrow balance of $418. I asked where did it come from because my insurance and taxes were paid up for the year, and was told escrow had to be added monthly because i had a modified mortgage. I do not have a modified mortgage, I did try to get one in the past but was found inelligible. I took out a loan to pay off the escrow and attempt to get my payment back to the one I agreed to when I bought the house. I have financially struggled to keep myself afloat and keep my home since the house transferred to BOA and then to SPS. My credit has been ruined, I am now behind again because I cannot afford to pay an escrow off and simply pay a double escrow thats still tacked onto my payment, I am tired of trying for nothing. I contacted a realator and put my house up for sale yesterday but being I am behind and have already borrowed from every source trying to eliminate the escrow charges, I am afraid I may lose the house before I can sell and recover from this mess. My house is well worth the payment I agreed to and I make enough to afford it, but it is not worth what SPS is trying to bleed from me monthly,and nor can I afford that. If there is any Class action suits started against this company please contact me! I want in!

#21 REBUTTAL Individual responds

I'm In! I would love to be a part of a Lawsuit

AUTHOR: FedGroup - ()

They bought my loan that I had for 14 months from BofA. My payments stayed the same for 3 months and the  they sent a letter stating I owed $3K in taxes so my payment went up $85 per month for 3 yr's. BofA did a Home Modification on this and stated that all taxes were paid and current when SPS bought the loan! Their trying to rip me off! In! dave@fed-emp-group.us

#22 REBUTTAL Individual responds

And this whole time i though i was the only one getting scammed.

AUTHOR: sannicolasb - ()

I will like to also be a part of this... SPS is a very unorganized companies that are charging me for escrow form BoA that I never had with them.

Brian San Nicolas

sannicolasb@gmail.com

#23 REBUTTAL Owner of company

SPS lawsuit

AUTHOR: steve - ()

I would love to be part of this lawsuit. I've been dealing with these people for years and have had nothing but problems. Please send me some more information on this.

#24 REBUTTAL Owner of company

all together stop the abuse

AUTHOR: ANGELA - ()

I WIIL BE HAPPY BE INCLUDED IN THE LAW SUIT

#25 REBUTTAL Owner of company

I will be happy be included

AUTHOR: ANGELA - ()

I will be happy be included

#26 REBUTTAL Individual responds

I have the exact same issues with SPS

AUTHOR: Mara - ()

I was with Countrywide which went to BofA which went to SPS. I will start/be a part of any lawsuit you have against them. I believe they are breaking laws with their practices! Please contact me: lunastre@hotmail.com

#27 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Agree SPS is very likely working fraudulently

AUTHOR: Mara - ()

You are in similar situation as I am. BofA "sold?" my loan to SPS in Nov 2012 without my knowledge. SPS are incompetent and unmanagable. I believe they are working fraudulently. Please keep me posted on anything you find out about SPS. Lunastre@hotmail.com

#28 REBUTTAL Owner of company

AUTHOR: Mara - ()

SPS has put my house in foreclosure after BofA sold them my loan in Nov 2012. SPS is incompetent, to put it mildly, with faulty & incorrect info given by their reps w almost every call. 3 times I've requested reinstatement quotes to bring my loan current. The reinstatement quotes expire 7 days from when you request it. SPS takes 3 -4 day to generate the quote, then they mail it. They include weekends, yes Sundays too, in the 7 day ticker. All three quotes have expired before they reach my mailbox. Salt Lake City postmark proves this. The other option they give you is to fax the quote. Who has a fax machine? With any means of delivery the quote still needs to be generated, which SPS says takes 3-4 days. This is part of the 7 day expiration they give for the quote. Most of the loss mitigation representative I speak with have to repeatedly "place me on hold for a moment" to ask their supervisors questions. Yet one rep said he doesn't have a supervisor and that I needed to talk to him. Almost all calls have lasted 30-45 mins with no customer resolutions. I would like to file a class action lawsuit against them. Please contact me at lunastre@hotmail.com

#29 General Comment

Class Action Lawsuit

AUTHOR: Egrunner - ()

Please send information about class action lawsuit against Select Porfolio Servicing.  Would like to be a part of it

Thanks

egrunner

email: jsciteach@aol.com

#30 General Comment

how to include myself in class action against sps

AUTHOR: 374 N. Congress Ave. - ()

How can I be included in the class action against Select Portfolio as they are trying to steal my house as well.

Edbroggi@bellsouth.net

Count Me IN!

AUTHOR: SunnyK - (United States of America)

Same story, new customer. We've been thoroughly run over by first B of A and now SPS. Same story on the Escrow account that caused our modified payment to be increased by $440 per month!

If there is to be a class action, please contact me so that I may participate. These crooks (Especially B of A) should be held accountable for their lawlessness.

#32 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Add to Lawsuit

AUTHOR: platinumws - (United States of America)

Please add me to your class action.  Please contact me with further details.

#33 REBUTTAL Owner of company

SElect portfolio servicing

AUTHOR: Scooby - (United States of America)

This company needs to be sued. They told us that we qualified for a program that would allow our past due amount to be added to the end of our notes if we set up 3 payments to automatically be withdrawn from our bank account. They sent us papers for loan modification and the first payment was withdrawn before we received the papers. We signed the papers and sent them back in. All three payments were withdrawn. We received a foreclosure notice a few days ago.
My husband called them and they told him we didn't get the paper sent back quick enough and that we now don't qualify for loan modification. They took all three payments out of our acct. and also said if we went through this process they would lower out interest rate. They say that they are trying to help people keep their homes, but if that is so why would a small technicality that wasn't even mentioned on the phone keep you from the modification process. It is just a game they play! The automatic payments were made.

#34 REBUTTAL Individual responds

SPS

AUTHOR: LAURAG - (United States of America)

We would like to get into a lawsuit for SPS if there is going to be one.  We have been waiting and been promised a modification and nothing yet. We are also in foreclosure status.  We have children and I need to save OUR house!

Class action suit..

AUTHOR: Mike B - (United States of America)

I would also like to join your class action suit against Select Portfolio Servicing. Please contact me....

Need more information

AUTHOR: Lizzy - (United States of America)

I have been checking online and sent an email to support@utah.gov <support@utah.gov> asking to determine if SPS is a valid business i also called and they told me there is an SPS 3815 S WEST TEMPLE
SALT LAKE CITY, UT 84115 so i also went into SPS website and i could not find their licensed number not that they are a collection or working with collection agency when in the letter i have received they mention THEY ARE NOT A COLLECTION AGENCY  and at the end of some forms sent it states COLLECTION AGENCY LICENSED by MINNESOTA DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE NEW YORK CITY
LICENSE # 1170514  so which is it ? Any information will be greatly appreciated email me at jasonliz1207@live.com Thank you

Select Portfolio Servicing
P.O. Box 65250
Salt Lake City, Utah 84165-0250
(800)258-8602
email directcontact@spservicing.com

This one address was provided upon my business search :  https://secure.utah.gov/bes/action/details?entity=1026229-0142
SPS 3815 S WEST TEMPLE
SALT LAKE CITY, UT 84115

#37 REBUTTAL Owner of company

SPS Frauding America 1 home at a time!

AUTHOR: Doyouoweit - (United States of America)

Ive been fighting my lender BOA for over 7 years! Now they have sent me to SPS. What Ive wrtten so far and have not heard back!

NYS Attorney General
120 Broadway, 22nd Fl
 NY, NY 10271

Dispute of Debt

Notice of possible fraud
I believe SPS located at POB 65277, Salt Lake City,  UT 84165 is a third party debt collector. OF
which they are trying to pretend that they are a valid and authorized agent to
collect on a mortgage of which Im fighting in court. They are not acting in
good faith or in any sort of authorized agent in behalf of Morgan Stanley ABS
Capital 1 Inc. Trust 2004-HE1.
Im asking for proof that there is a valid chain of title to the Morgan Stanley ABS Capital 1 Inc. Trust 2004-HE1 which I know there cant be from, the PSA of Morgan Stanley ABS Capital 1 Inc. Trust 2004-HE1 & 424b5.

The Morgan Stanley ABS Capital 1 Inc. Trust 2004-HE1 own 424b5 states who can and cant collect in their behalf. SPS is not listed as a player or agent in any way or form.  Thus they are creating fraud and this letter will also be my notice to our Attorney General for FRAUD! Please contact me asap on this very important matter that concerns all American!

Respectfully,
__________________

Mark Freedman
518-369-5859 cell phone

We would LOVE to be a part of the lawsuit!

AUTHOR: Toni - (United States of America)

We've been dragged through the ringer with Countrywide, B of A and now this fraudulent Select Portfolio. Bank of America transferred our recently modified loan to SPS back in August. Which doesn't surprise me that B of A (Crooks) would start tranferring all of their liabilty after the AG National Mortgage Settlement was set into motion! Making a long story short, it's been a nightmare so far with this company. They don't offer any pricipal reductions, (such as what we should've been offered by B of A) or much of anything for that matter. They're trying to raise our modified payment, due to some bogus excuse about escrow falling short almost $2,000 dollars. The ONLY thing that's changed in our ecsrow is that our taxes are LESS. They're overcharging us. We've had them for 3 months and they came up with that much of a shortage?! Our taxes are included in our modified payment. This is just another one of their strategic tactics to induce foreclosure. These PIRATES MUST BE STOPPED!

#39 REBUTTAL Owner of company

include me

AUTHOR: maymay - (United States of America)

I will be happy to be included