• Report: #1131929

• Updated: Fri, April 11, 2014

• Reported By: Leslie — Preston Connecticut
select portfolio servicing
Box 65250 Salt Lake City, Utah USA

select portfolio servicing Equicredit, Fairbank Capital WON'T RELEASE MY MORTGAGE!!! IT'S PAID IN FULL!!!! Salt Lake City Utah

*Consumer Comment: Get a very good real estate attorney

I took out a mortgage with Equicredit in 2000.  It was then in the hands of Fairbanks and I paid off the mortgage finally in 2010.  I then found out it is now Select Portfolio Servicing.  I just went to check my title at my town hall and they never filed a release of mortgage!  I have made so many calls and sent so many letters and still no release of mortgage.  No one can find anything!  I was told that the two prior mortgage holders show no record of any payments and they have no idea who I am!

I am trying to sell my house and now forget it!  What am I suppose to do?  This company is sick!  I thought Equicredit was bad and then Fairbanks was a nightmare and now SPS is almost a scary joke.  What am I going to do????  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  I do not have any old checks earlier than 2008.  This is frightening.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/19/2014 02:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/select-portfolio-servicing/Salt-Lake-City-Utah-84165-025/select-portfolio-servicing-Equicredit-Fairbank-Capital-WONT-RELEASE-MY-MORTGAGE-ITS-1131929. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on select portfolio servicing

Get a very good real estate attorney

AUTHOR: FloridaNative - ()

Hopefully you have the original closing documents and any correspondence from the bank(s) for the time period you had the mortgage.

A good real estate attorney can straighten this out. However, it may take quite a while. Get in touch with one right away.

Not just a closing attorney, but one that is familiar with title issues and is a little more aggressive.