• Report: #1071977

• Updated: Thu, August 01, 2013

• Reported By: Jason L. — Los Angeles California
sellusalaptop.com
225 Live Oaks blvd Casselberry, Florida USA

sellusalaptop.com cashinyourlaptop.com, AW tech group, AW investment management corp, Brent Armstrong, Chad Winings SCAM, FRAUD, DISHONEST & DECEITFUL BUSINESS PRACTICES Casselberry Florida

*Author of original report: Nice try

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Please work with us

This company, operating under several aliases, is basically a scam. Their parent entity, AW Investment Management Corp, which lists Brent Armstrong & Chad Winings as principals, was founded in 2011 and has an F rating from the BBB.

As there are many other similar complaints already filed, I won't detail my entire ordeal with them but the summary is that this company:

1. Advertises top dollar paid for used laptops

2. Gives a HIGH "quote" when you enter the info on your laptop (by high quote, I mean fair market value, as in what it would be worth to an honest buyer)

3. Upon receipt of your laptop, they adjust your original "quote" to an EXTREMELY lowball offer, citing false and fraudulent reasons for the change. They tell you there's damage to your laptop that doesn't exist to attempt to justify their lowered offer

4. They then either buy your laptop for their lowball offer and resell it for its true value, essentially the amount of their original "quote" and profit on the substantial difference or give you the option of paying out of pocket to have them return your laptop to you

5. Based on the numerous lies you get emailed during the process, you don't trust them to safely return your laptop in good condition, effectively forcing you to accept their lowball offer.

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY OR ANY OF ITS ALIASES. I say they're basically a scam for the reasons that they repeatedly lie throughout the process, make unreasonably low offers based on lies and create a situation in which you're forced to accept their lowball offer. But, I won't call them an outright scam because after they lowball you based on lies, they do in fact then promptly pay you their lowball amount in full. All the same, STAY AWAY.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/01/2013 04:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/sellusalaptopcom/Casselberry-Florida-32707/sellusalaptopcom-cashinyourlaptopcom-AW-tech-group-AW-investment-management-corp-Bre-1071977. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on sellusalaptop.com

Nice try

AUTHOR: Jason L. - ()

While I applaud you for taking the time to offer a rebuttal statement, the statement itself further convinces me your business is intended as a scam.

That one of the owners of the company would offer a statement pleading ignorance and asking for leeway based on only having been in business for 2 years, having poorly trained employees and receiving more volume than you can adequately handle is a worse commentary on your business than my original complaint.

Thanks for your offer to return my laptop for free but if you'd read my complaint, you'd have seen that I already accepted your absurdly low offer.

The reasons I didn't trust you to send it back are as follows:

Your website doesn't list any employees, have a phone number, list an address or a direct email address

The name of the company on the UPS label you provided is different from the name of your website

I received an adjusted quote of 68% LESS than your original quote and as I mentioned in my original complaint, the reasons justifying your shocking adjustment were entirely, provably false. Intentionally false.

You claim you insure packages for $100 which is a false and misleading statement. you're referring to the automatic $100 insurance that UPS assigns to all packages.

Those are all things I was presented with prior to accepting your lowball offer which was based on lies and was less than I could have gotten the same day through a Craigslist ad rather than a week-long transaction with you. Think about that...based on lies about the condition of my laptop it took a week for me to get less than I could've gotten in one day on Craigslist.

Those are the reasons I didn't trust you to return my laptop in the same condition. I later found out, after accepting your low offer, that payment was issued from yet another company name.

Frankly, you would look better at this point by just admitting that you deliverately lowball people based on false assessments and use the profits to create jobs than you look saying you have no clue about any of this and it's because your employees aren't trained and you've only been doing this for 2 years.

I appreciate your desire to give me a good experience but that's not possible at this point. But you can give future customers a good experience by being honest and paying what things are worth. Especially since you claim to overwhelmed by volume, you could actually run your business above board and stay in the black.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Please work with us

AUTHOR: Chad - ()

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out here. We are very sorry to see that your experience with our company has been such an unpleasant one. We would love to help make things right here and we will absolutely not charge you to ship your laptop back if you do not accept our offer. Also, it would not be beneficial for either party to ship any device back to its original owner damaged, we are not sure how you got this impression but we would love to help you resolve this. We log all conversations with our clients on our website and we attempted to look up an order for Jason L in California but we were unsuccessful. Did you submit your order with our company using another name than the post you made here? Are you able to update your account and mention this reply so we can personally make sure you get what you need here? We find this alarming that you received any of this misinformation and we would like to research this further to better assist you in correcting this bad experience.

On a further note, just to correct some misinformation. We have been in business since 2011 that is correct. We absolutely never ever ask someone to pay us to send back their laptop unless it is completely mislabeled and no fault of our own. If we receive laptops with damaged pieces it does lower the resale value of your device and our ability to sell said device, these are things we cover on our website. It is not true that we hassle anyone into not wanting to return a laptop, if an offer is not accepted we will mail the laptop back free of charge. We absolutely do not renegotiate or high ball with the intention of renegotiating later. We cannot anticipate every possible defect on a laptop prior to receiving them and since we pay for the laptop to get to us, pay our tech to inspect it and then pay for the laptop to be returned free of charge if a price change is necessary, we just aren't sure of a more fair and honest way in conducting business.

We do deal in large volumes and we are a young business that is growing quicker than we anticipated with a lot of employees (and the possibilities of mistakes) but we absolutely do our best every time to make sure customers aren't walking away with a negative opinion. Please provide us with the details you used when making your account and we will do all we can to make this bad experience a good one for you and our future clients.

Thank you again for posting your concern and please do contact us so we can work to resolve it.