Complaint Review: Sensible Home Warranty

• Updated: Mon, November 19, 2012

• Reported By: maxidoodles — Chesterfield Virginia United States of America
Sensible Home Warranty
1344 Disc Dr, Suite 221 Sparks, Nevada United States of America

Sensible Home Warranty Scammers, doesn't pay contractors - STAY AWAY Sparks, Nevada

I signed a 2 year contract with SHW.  The last 2 incidents that I called them on the declined the claim.  I am strongly stressing that when I originally contacted them I was told that because if the policy I purchased, once I was covered I need not worry about annual maintenance, that everything is covered - period.
Well, that is not the case.  My 20 yr old washing machine went in Sept 2011.  They sent out a contractor who told me the gear shaft was frozen, that a new washer was in order.  I went to Sear and purchased a new one.  When I hadn't heard from SHW I called them and they told me that they would have repaired the old one and offered me $200.  I was furious.  I needed a washer and it was already installed.  Who in their right mind is going to fix a 20 yr old washer??

My next venture with them was in March 2012.  My AC didn't work and I called.  They sent a convicted felon contractor.  Now, they say the 'thoroughly check out their contractors" well, that's a huge NOT.  I found out too late.  Stay away from this warranty company. They are thiefs and I feel sorry for anyone who's supposedly covered by them.  I cannot stress enough, stay away from Sensible Home Warranty.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/19/2012 01:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sensible-Home-Warranty/Sparks-Nevada-/Sensible-Home-Warranty-Scammers-doesnt-pay-contractors-STAY-AWAY-Sparks-Nevada-971428. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sensible Home Warranty