Complaint Review: Sentinel Insurance Group (dba Allstate)

• Submitted: Fri, January 10, 2014
  • Updated: Fri, January 10, 2014

• Reported By: Capt Vydeo — Boca Raton Florida
Sentinel Insurance Group (dba Allstate)
1900 Glades Rd, #101 Boca Raton, Florida USA

Sentinel Insurance Group (dba Allstate) Allstate Deceptive practices, bait & switch, overages Boca Raton Florida

*Author of original report: Corporate Does the Right Thing

Have a renter’s insurance policy with Sentinel Insurance Group (dba Allstate) and auto insurance with another provider. My Allstate agent contacts me to win over my auto insurance business. I ask her to beat (or at least match) my current provider. In order to bring the numbers down, my Agent (who full well knows I am NOT a home owner since I have a renter’s policy with them) still applies a "Home Owners" discount to my auto policy. Unaware that she has applied this discount to my policy, I make the switch. 9 months later (and after I had already left Allstate for another insurance provider) ... Allstate audits my policy, discovers this ineligible discount, and is now asking me to pay the difference. I cannot emphasize enough how much I regret switching my auto policy to Allstate.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/10/2014 01:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sentinel-Insurance-Group-dba-Allstate/Boca-Raton-Florida-33431/Sentinel-Insurance-Group-dba-Allstate-Allstate-Deceptive-practices-bait-switch-over-1114556. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sentinel Insurance Group (dba Allstate)

Corporate Does the Right Thing

AUTHOR: Capt Vydeo - ()

After receiving absolutely no help from Sentinel Insurance Group, I took my case to Allstate corporate. It took several phone calls (and several hours on the phone with several different agents) ... but after explaining my case, and after making it clear that I would not accept NO for an answer (no matter how many times they tried to give me that answer) ... Allstate corporate finally relented and did the right thing and wrote off this expense. I no longer bear a grudge against Allstate, but I certainly won't do business with Sentinel Insurance Group ever again!