Complaint Review: sergio's cake shop merrylands

• Submitted: Sat, October 27, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, October 27, 2012

• Reported By: michelle — merrylands Internet Australia
sergio's cake shop merrylands
mcfarlanes street merrylands stockland mall level2 Internet United States of America

sergio's cake shop merrylands sergio's cake shop promises merrylands, Internet

I ordered a chocolate mousse cake from sergio's cake shop in merrylands on level 2 in stockland mall as they just opened and the shop looked modern and well presented.

I tasted a slice of the chocolate mousse cake for $4.50 and thought I might order the same one for my daughters birthday

My requested was simple- can I have the white piping to be smaller than shown in the cake display window and in the middle to write happy birthday on a white plaque with chocolate writing so you can read it clearly.

had to pay a $20 deposit due to the writing on the cake

When picking it up there was no writing on the cake and the piping was large all around the cake like the display cake in the window. When asked to put the writing on it as requested they said they only have a chocolate plaque and they can write with chocolate piping as there is no white plaque or no white piping. when showing me the plaque before putting it on the cake you couldn't see or read it as it was dark on dark.

When asking for my deposit back the owner said if you read your receipt it say's no refunds

My argument is if you didn't make the white piping around the cake smaller, get a white plaque and couldn't do the writing I wanted then why am I not entitled for my deposit back?

I was forced to take the cake. When tasting it later in the day I realized it wasn't the same cake I tried when ordering it. The mousse was hard and tasted like coffee. I've learnt my lesson to never go there again and not to be fooled with pretty appearance of a shop.

The rest of the cake went in the bin!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/27/2012 09:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/sergios-cake-shop-merrylands/internet/sergios-cake-shop-merrylands-sergios-cake-shop-promises-merrylands-Internet-961056. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on sergio's cake shop merrylands