Complaint Review: servicingstop.co.uk

• Submitted: Mon, April 22, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, April 22, 2013

• Reported By: David — Swindon Other
servicingstop.co.uk
Servicing Stop Ltd Durkan House 155 East Barnet Ro Internet United States of America

servicingstop.co.uk Oliver and Toby Richmond Servicing Stop - Work Not Carried Out Internet

*Author of original report: This dispute is now resolved

Servicing Stop - servicingstop.co.uk  advertise their services as savings of up to 60% off  main dealer prices, you book your service online and a local garage will collect your car and deliver back to you.

I booked a full service with them, but rather than them pick my vehicle up, I drove it to the garage as I like to see who is servicing my car.  The problems with the garage were that they bumped my wheels up a high kerb to park it after the service which no doubt will cost me wheel alignment costs later on, the handbrake was not adjusted, it was in the same loose position as when I arrived, god only knows what else they did not do, I shudder to think and I paid them 170 for the priviledge of not doing the full work as scheduled in my service manual...To be fair on the garage, they only do work as authorised by servicing stop which is where my next complaint comes in.

After around 2 hours I get a phone call telling me that as per my service schedule i need a new pollen filter, the brake fluid needs draining and the engine oil needs flushing out.  I was lost for words as this work should in my opinion be included, I did not expect this extra cost which amounted to a very expensive extra cost of around 150.  I declined the extra charge and work was not carried out.

I later phoned servicing stop and asked why I had to pay extra, they said that all makes and model cars had different servicing schedules and mine was no different and that this extra cost was not covered, so I paid for a full service but they wanted an extra 150 which in my opinion should be included in the price as it states on their website...Yes I have website screenshots for proof that this company is misleading the public and unbelievably they have many excellent customer reviews form people who dont realise they can get a far better deal from their own authorised dealer with a courtesy car and valet thrown in.

Servicing stop should actually tell you when you book with them that not everything is included, that way we all have a choice before we book with them.  As I see it only people with new cars can benefit here because not too much work is needed with low mileage services, but everyone with high mileage or long service intervals will need to pay much much more than is quoted on their website. Also they quote on their website free collection and delivery, yet they charge for this on their invoice, mine was zero as I drove my car to them and also a quote from their website....The manufacturers service schedule is followed on every service....but no extra cost mentioned

I paid slightly less than the quoted 190 full service because I drove the car there, and now find myself having to book my car into an authorised dealer and pay more money for the work to be done.  Trading standards will soon be contacted

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/22/2013 06:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/servicingstopcouk/internet/servicingstopcouk-Oliver-and-Toby-Richmond-Servicing-Stop-Work-Not-Carried-Out-Interne-1045150. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on servicingstop.co.uk

This dispute is now resolved

AUTHOR: websaver - ()

I have been in telephone contact with servicing stop in an attempt to resolve my problems, they have very kindly apologised and offered to complete this work at no extra cost to me. Therefore is it possible this report can be removed please.