Complaint Review: SFX

• Updated: Thu, December 12, 2013

• Reported By: MayanPalace_is_a_Scam — Triangle Virginia
SFX
SFX Preferred Resorts 1900 North Loop Road Alameda, California USA

SFX Complicit with Scam Companies = SFX, HSI and other so called Time Share Exchanges (profiteers) Alameda California

*Author of original report: Update on process - dealing with the company directly may be the way to go

Their email back to one of the may emails I get from them since I unfortunatly bought a time share at the Mayan Palace in Mexico ( a total scam that I got taken for). However they are an American company that is implicitly supporting the scam and profiteering off of it. I responded to one of the many email newsletters with this:

(((link redacted)))

How the heck to I actually use this time share? It seems like a total scam. And I think it might be.

They responded with a phone call and an email:

SFX provides an exchange service for timeshare owners. SFX is not the same company as Vida Vacations. The below email is simply  to advise you that if you have a 2013 week you have not used, it is not too late to deposit.  Plus, you would receive the additional benefits outlined below.

I responded with:

Are you not possibly linked to this company's scam since your materials were presented to me during their "not a time share" scam. Having a company like SFX linked to the scam was one of the selling points. Can you really wash your hands clean in this illegitimate Mexican scam?  Can you really say you are clean in all of this? Sure you are not the same company but your brand and Vida Vacations are on the same email message. You are implicit in their scam. Your company is at fault for allowing them to use the brand, the concept and sell (if it can be called that) their pyramid scheme to happy go lucky travelers that are sucked into their presentations and think they are getting a good deal. I was one of those customers that got sucked in.

I will be naming HSI, SFX, Vida Vacations and Mayan Palace on every site that I post to. Consumers will be informed of the scam all of you are selling. And it is an implicit endorsement of the scam every single time you send me an email message with the co-branding. I will use those emails as proof of the collusion your company is involved with to scam hard working US citizens like me and my wife. We will spread the truth about SFX, HSI, Vida Vacations and the Mayan Palace as far and wide as we can. You all are implicated and guilty of fraud. It is high time that everyone knew the truth. I'll also be contacting local (Washington DC) papers about the collusion to see if any national and locally read papers care to spread the truth as well.

Please stop calling me and emailing me. Your phone calls will not be answered and your emails will go unread. I will be proceeding forward with my vigilant effort to warn US citizens about your collusion in such a grand scam. Time shares are well known to be scams. But what Mayan Palace tried and succeeded to sell us seemed to not be. Yes, we were gullible. Yes, we failed to see the scam at the time. But we were overworked. We had a son that had three open heart surgeries prior to our first vacation in over 5 years. We fell for it. Hook, line and sinker. We cannot allow others to fall for it too.

And you...you try to pretend like you are not part of it. Your company is. Your broker the very scam artists that pressure people into buying time shares. And you make money off of us every day. It pays your salary. It pays your benefits. You and your company should be ashamed. I am an Iraq war vet. It was my first vacation post war, post kids post PTSD. I got suckered. I should have kept my war face on and realize that companies all around the world will take advantage of you regardless of your sacrifice to country or to your family as the years previous had been devoted.

Shame on you and your company for your implicit endorsement of the scam that Vida Vacations inflicts on US Citizens everyday. And shame on Vida Vacations, HSI and the Mayan Palace for all the pain and suffering they have inflicted on me since I made a terrible decision to commit to vacations I really needed. "You'll rent the weeks and pay no maintenance fee" they said. It was too good to be true. Your company is too good to be true. Your inventory sucks. I'll be posting this to every travel site I know. SFX is a scam collaborator. "I know nothing" hasn't worked since my Uncle fought in the South Pacific. You know what is going on. Your company chooses not to stop being complicit.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/12/2013 01:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SFX/Alameda-California-94502/SFX-Complicit-with-Scam-Companies-SFX-HSI-and-other-so-called-Time-Share-Exchanges-pr-1106325. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SFX

Update on process - dealing with the company directly may be the way to go

AUTHOR: Be_cautious - ()

After the email exchange occured a representative from the Vacation club called and emailed. He says he's got a form for me to sign and will refund my total dollar amount. I'm only going to be out about $1200 total from the $400 I paid for the rental company that never rented the week, the interest I paid on the loan and the Exchange membership fees I paid last year to renew them. So overall, it will be an expensive lesson but not nearly as expensive as it could have been. We'll see how it goes with the form and see if I sign it. Hopefully it works out.