Complaint Review: Shakopee Chevrolet

• Updated: Tue, March 18, 2014

• Reported By: Dave — Eden Prairie Minnesota
Shakopee Chevrolet
1206 1st Ave. E. Shakopee, Minnesota USA

Shakopee Chevrolet Same Misleading, Dishonest, High Pressure Tactics Other Complainants Found Shakopee Minnesota

*Author of original report: You've Proved Yourself A Liar

*Consumer Comment: Teach Your Children Well

*Author of original report: Awfully Funny?

*Consumer Comment: Most people filing reports on here are quick to accuse those filing rebuttals of working for the reported company if they don't like the response..

*Author of original report: Response To Your Response

*Consumer Comment: Their sales pitch is pretty standard in the car business...

On 3/15/14 I went with my daughter to look at a car she was interested in that Shakopee Chevrolet had advertised on the Internet. The sales person at first tried to make friends with her and told us how much he wanted her treated like his own daughter. He also told us they were a 1-Price Store. The used car was listed for $13,900. They then low-balled my daughters car for trade at $2200. When we got up to leave, the salesperson said what price were you thinking of. I told him our bottom line after trade was $10,000. He told us to sit tight and he would see what he could do. I should have been suspicious riight then because at first he told us they were a 1-price store. Miraculously in a few minutes he came back and said we had a deal. He alledged they were making an exception because they supposedly had several buyers for my daughters trade.

When we got down to do the paperwork, we asked to see the report they alledgedly had from their inspection of the car my daughter was purchasing, that they said had been inspected from head to toe. Suspiciously, they claimed they could not find it. I then told the salesperson, we would grab a bite for lunch and I would talk it over with my daughter in private. The dealership unbelievably stalled and gave us a hard time giving my daughter back her drivers license and keys to her car they were holding. When I demanded these 2 items back from them immediately, the salesperson and his manager then pulled the old they had another buyer for the vehicle and if we left the dealership without signing the papers my daughter would lose the vehicle. Very suspicious since there was only 1 couple in the dealership other than us, and I overheard them talking to their salesperson about a new truck!

Once at lunch, we pulled up reviews and complaints about Shakopee Chevrolet on the Internet. Not surprisingly, we see a slew of similar complaints and experiences against this dealership that we witnessed. Evidently, where there is smoke there is fire--and this heavy-handed and dishonest tactics by this dealership is their motis-operendi. Unsurprisingly, the salesperson has contacted my daughter several times about the vehicle (what a surprise--the imaginary buyer did not buy it yet) and even 4 days later have never provided this supposed inspection report for the vehicle they were using as a sales tool.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/18/2014 10:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Shakopee-Chevrolet/Shakopee-Minnesota-55379/Shakopee-Chevrolet-Same-Misleading-Dishonest-High-Pressure-Tactics-Other-Complainants-F-1131524. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Shakopee Chevrolet

You've Proved Yourself A Liar

AUTHOR: Dave - ()

So  now you fess up you do work for the dealership!!!

You need to give it a rest. All your rebuttals have done is further harm your company's reputation with the public reading this. Are you so out of touch with reality, that you can't see that any perspective customer for your dealership who would read these exchanges between you and I wouldn't trust you nor go near you?

If your dealership had not lied to make this deal, and apparantly other deals judging by reading this website--you would have had a car sale to us, and no complaints filed on this website.

Teach Your Children Well

AUTHOR: coast - ()

Dave, your integrity is questionable. You failed to honor a verbal agreement to purchase the vehicle. You also evaded Ken’s request to substantiate your claim that you found “a slew of similar complaints and experiences against this dealership”.

You taught your daughter that it’s ok to welsh on a verbal agreement and post false claims online.

Awfully Funny?

AUTHOR: Dave - ()

It is funny, but your 1st name is the same as the owner of that dealership.

Your rebuttal title is "their pitch is pretty standard in the industry." From that it appears you are condoning lying to make a car sale, and saying that "is standard in the industry."

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

Your allegation makes over sixty companies I've been accused of working for and don't.  I've now been retired from a corporate job for almost ten years.

You haven't proved that you found a "slew" of reports either. I found a few, but about right for a car dealer.  I was just suspicious you were a drama gueen..aren't you?

As to the short time from your postiing and my response, most of us who've been responding for awhile use the "Latest Reports" link at the top of the screen, it's NOT any kind of a conspiracy.

You're entitled to your opinion of this or any other company and anyone else using ripoff report is free to respond in any way they see fit.  You're not required to like the responses.

Response To Your Response

AUTHOR: Dave - ()

My guess is you are an employee of the dealership.

Citing the A+ rating with the BBB is a joke. We all know to attain that, all you have to do is respond to a complaint. It is also well known consumers don't waste their time anymore for the most part complaining to the BBB because they are basically powerless to do anything. The BBB is basically an entity taking memorship dues and is a profit vs. moral driven organization.

If you are not a dealership employee than why were so quick to jump in here and defend the dealership? The report was put on less than half an hour ago. Your time would be better spent cleaning up your dealership--because their actions are those of the stereotypical used car salesman. The Internet is a powerful tool. Initially when we went to lunch, we were on the fence about buying the vehicle. Once seeing these other reviews, which I believe were probably true since they were so similar to our experience, cost Shakopee Chrevolet a car sale.

Their sales pitch is pretty standard in the car business...

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

To see if they were reutable enough to deal with I checked several sources.  The BBB rates them A+ and a few sites have a complaint or two back to 2010..nothing unusual.  Could you provide a link(s) so I can check the "slew of reports" you found?