Complaint Review: Shanekwa Alderson

4809 24th Avenue S. St. Petersburg, Florida USA
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Liars

Shanekwa Alderson or Shanekwa Tyequona or Shanekwa Warren Ripping off Landlord St. Petersburg Florida

I, in good faith, rented a single family home to Shanekwa Alderson, who is also known as Shanekwa Warren and Shanekwa Tyequona, on October 1st, with a move-in date of October 18th once first, last and security were paid. I did research and found a record of battery that had been "closed" and spoke with her employer. The tenant asked if she could pay a portion of the security with the November rent which I agreed to.

I advised tenant that the rent was due on the first of the month and if not paid on time and it not an eviction notice would be posted.  The tenant had no furniture in the main part of the house, making it look like it was vacant.  When November rent was due it was not paid and I contacted her several times before her husband, who she was not living with agreed to meet with me and give me a portion of the rent.  I again agreed to wait until November 15th for the balance of the rent.  I had to go to the house to collect rent as she did not have a vehicle which I was not aware of.  She apologized for the late payment and advised going forward she would set up paycheck to automatically pay me.

She told me she saw someone around the house and was concerned as she had young children - she advised that a family member told her that the house did not look lived in. I brought down and area rug, a chair, table and lamp to put in the living room until furniture she said was being delivered in January arrived.

When December rent came due she asked if I would pay for ADT Security and I advised she would need to check out cost.  I offered to put up motion lights.  She did not pay December rent and when I put notice on her door she indicated I could pick up rent at her place of employment - when I arrived at her work she was not there and I waited for 30 minutes and when she arrived she did not meet me to take care of rent.

I reached out to her many times in both phone and text messages and she started getting real nasty in her return texts.

I proceeded with the eviction - when the sheriff gave notice and met with me to take possession the house was filled with trash and used tampons left on the floor as well as dirty diapers.  The water had been turned off since Dec. 18th and both the toilet and kitchen sink were filled with standing water and feces and the house smelled.  There was five large trash bags of debris left behind.  There was gum and paper stuck to the hardwood floors and rotting food in the refrigerator.

Do not rent to this woman as she is not who she pretends to be once the lease is signed.

Unfortunately, my generosity and trying to work with her back fired.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/16/2014 02:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Shanekwa-Alderson/-St-Petersburg-Florida-33711/Shanekwa-Alderson-or-Shanekwa-Tyequona-or-Shanekwa-Warren-Ripping-off-Landlord-St-Peter-1116091. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Shanekwa Alderson

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

AUTHOR: alderson2 - ()

Linda Myrick is not as sweet & innocent nor the victim she claims to be. The house she rented me was an attraction for homeless people. For starters, she says she did this & that as a favor but I was handing her HUNDREDS of dollars so I dont see how she did a favor. Where I'm from its called a business transaction. That house had tenants right before I moved in, but let Lying Linda tell it the family moved in the middle of the night for no apparent reason. Well , one night after working mid shift 3pm-11pm, I come home to find my kitchen light & back porch light on. I brushed it off as naybe I left it on.

The 2nd night I come home, same thing. 3rd night EXACT SAME THING. I never open windows as I have very small kids so upon inspection , I find a kitchen window unlocked, the screen broken  & ripped. I locked it back & made sure all other windows were sealed. Another night I wake up to some sound on my porch & go check my daughters room to find 3 of her windows UNLOCKED ! I gathered my kids & left. A few days past & no unusual activities. Then as soon as all my lights go out forbthe night I hear someone at my bedroom window. Frightened I call 911 & the officer who arrived said he had arrested a peeping tom just weeks before I moved in after a call from a hispanic family residing in Lying Linda's shack.

The cop asked if I owned a stool, I said no & he then brought a stool from the backyard which he said was placed at my window. I call Lying Linda the next day & of course she plays (well maube she just is) stupid. Claims to have no knowledge of the peeping tom until I ask if a hispanic fa lived there prior to my moving in. She replied yes in which I responded, how would I have known a hispanic couple lived there unless the cop told me. All of a sudden her amnesia wore off & she comes up with some dumb excuse why she didnt remember. She then tells me since I just moved in & had no furniture in my living room, maybe bums thought it was empty.

She then states, while cleaning the home she found a pillow, a brush & a book. She notified police because she hadnt given anyone permission to enter her home. So Lying Linda knew from day 1 this home had a security issue & never placed any protective measures in place. After these incidences I cut off the water & began moving my family to a new home. Linda is also very harrassing. She would call & ask for rent before it was due or late like the days leading up to Black Friday. She said her grandchild was in town & wanted rent early to shop. Linda also would awaken my family with her unannounced visits to go in the shed.

Slaming the gate on her way out. Linda also is very unprofessional. She would give me receipts on anything from a piece of garbage to a leaf, often asking if I had a pen or piece of paper. After telling Linda I felt unsafe in her home & that I would be breakingmy lease , this wild woman came to my job & had the receptionist send for me. I work in health care & my residents are far more important that Linda so upon her notice that iI wasn't coming she began calling &vleaving rude textes & voice mails. I had to leave a note at the receptionist desk not to contact me in dealings with Linda. She says I left trash bwhind, but upon moving in their were dead roaches in her tub, sink & refrigerator.

Dont let this slumlord persuade you into believing she's a poor victim bwcause she's not. She felt as if because she lived in a gated community & was renting a home in the ghetto my families security was nothing to care about. When I informed linda I too am from the suburbs, gated communities with security guards & pin codes she showed a little more respect. She was even a little nicer once she found out my husband is Caucasian. She thought I was some welfare mom she could get over on & felt like an a*s once I showed her I wasnt going to live in a hone were bums camebto nap while I'm at work. Linda just wants money & will lie and tell you the sky is green to get it. I suggest you stay at a hotel before renting from this money hungry lady. Beware