Complaint Review: SharpUSA

• Updated: Sun, July 28, 2013

• Reported By: Jim W — Sacramento California
SharpUSA
Whte Bear Lake, Minnesota USA

SharpUSA, Sharp Rebate, Fry's Electronics SharpUSA Rebate team stole my $50 rebate in 2008 Whte Bear Lake Minnesota

June 19th 2008 I puurchased a refurbished Sharp Inkjet fax/copier at Fry's in Roseville, I used my Fry's credit card for the purchase price of $59.99.  The manufacturer offered a $50 rebate.

I sent in alll the required items for the rebate, including the upc code cut from the box.

On August 22, 2008 I received a letter and an internet communication that the barcode was invalid.

I repeatedly attempted to contact the Sharp Rebate center regarding the claim, only to be rebuffed. On august 14th, 2008  I sent the following email to Doug Koshima of Sharp USA: Sharp and Fry's only responded with more rejection.

Your rebate division wishes to chisel me out of my rebate. They claim that the barcode is incorrect. They say I should have a 12 digit barcode. The barcode is the one I cut off of the package. If it is incorrect it is because that is the barcode Sharp  or its retailer: Frys Electronics,  put on the package. [continued below]....

..... It is a REFURBISHED unit. That is why you and Frys were offering such a {seemingly } generous rebate. Of course it does not have the ORIGINAL packaging.  But it had BARCODES, and I have proof. The barcode reads serial No 47306025 and Reference No T000540619.

It is not so generous when you then use tricks to cheat the customer out of the rebate.   A copy of the notification is pasted below. I want my $50. It is owed to me. Small potatoes, yes. but I do not appreciate corporate fraud.

.  If you make me go down to the store in person I will not be happy to spend the extra time to recapture my money.  If I have to post this on the internet to get my refund I will not be happy. I am the type of crank who exposes corporate fraud. I am the type of crank who reports corporate fraud to the state attorney general.  My one complaint is just one complaint, but as they pile up, the complaints pile up.  Sharp's misbehavior in its rebate practice is the type of corporate misbehavior and mismanagement that leads to class action suits. Is your cheatbate center so profitable that it is worth alienating consumers, small business owners, and exposing the company to legal liability?  I suggest you fire the management of your rebate centers and pay your contractors or employees to make rebates to customers instead of paying them to cheat us.

romotion: $50 MIR on UX-B20PK through Fry's (3/21/08 - 6/30/08)
Claim ID: 47528633
Customer Name: JIM W****
Address: ****
Claim Status: Received, Submission is being processed
Current Claim Errors:
IP We received an invalid barcode/UPC. Please submit the original 12 digit UPC from the product packaging.
Explanation: A letter will be sent to you that explains your claim was invalid for the reasons stated.
Please follow the directions on the letter to receive your rebate.
Submission Origin: Standard Submission

Neither Sharp nor Fry's have ever made amends for their fraudulent actions.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/28/2013 02:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SharpUSA/Whte-Bear-Lake-Minnesota-55110/SharpUSA-Sharp-Rebate-Frys-Electronics-SharpUSA-Rebate-team-stole-my-50-rebate-in-200-1070786. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SharpUSA