Complaint Review: Shaun Alexander Photography

• Updated: Thu, January 16, 2014

• Reported By: Maristar — Long Beach California
Shaun Alexander Photography
7100 Balboa Blvd. Lake Balboa, California USA

Shaun Alexander Photography Unethical, Shady, Underhanded Lake Balboa California

*Author of original report: Shaun Alexander Update with my PhotoSession

*Author of original report: APOLOGY & RETRACT LETTER

I had a photosession with Shaun Alexander recently. I opted to go with the special that he offered as it was stated on his site: $250 starting Sessions: Includes : Hair, MakeUp, Photo Retouching, and much more....see the link below for more info

This is limited time offer and may end soon
Promo code 2502014

After the shoot was complete, he charged me more for the shoot than he we had discussed in email. He never returned my money. After the shoot, he could not even make eye contact with me, but I decided to pay since I had signed an agreement that I had read.

What he did not disclose in email, telephone conversations, or on his site is that I would not receive any pictures after the photoshoot unless I paid for them through his printing company. Even after the fact, I never received those pictures in the mail as promised, even though I paid for them separately. The photoshoot covered my taking the photos, nothing more. If you decide to do business with him, ask him how much he charges for everything upfront and what you receive exactly.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/16/2014 02:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Shaun-Alexander-Photography/Lake-Balboa-California-91406/Shaun-Alexander-Photography-Unethical-Shady-Underhanded-Lake-Balboa-California-1116088. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Shaun Alexander Photography

Shaun Alexander Update with my PhotoSession

AUTHOR: Maristar - ()

After corresponding with Shaun Alexander, any misunderstandings between us were rectified and I did receive my photos as promised. He followed through on his word and he even went the extra mile to give me a couple of edits for free. I really appreciate his taking time to communicate with me what had happened with him.

The quality of his work is exactly what he advertises and he does make attempts to make sure that the client is satisfied with his work. In addition, he put a rush on my edits to further make sure I was content and happy. Ultimately, I wanted to say thank you for his help and assistance.

APOLOGY & RETRACT LETTER

AUTHOR: Maristar - ()

There was previous miscommunication on the part of both parties involved which led to a misunderstanding. On my behalf:

This letter is to notify this website or any reader that not only I have received all of my photographs promptly within the promised time, but I am  extremely happy with how they've turned out. Perhaps some of the best images I have taken professionally. Since then, I've had direct communications with  Mr. Alexander , and he has always addressed my questions and concerns with care, respect and professionalism. Therefore I'd like to offer my sincere apology for any negative comments I have made and any troubles I have caused because of it. I hope that I can be of assistance in correcting my mistake and resolving the matter. I have even tried to delete my statement, but this website does not offer such option. On the contrary I would highly recommend Mr. Alexander's services to anyone that is seeking professional photography work.

Nixon