Complaint Review: Shaw Real Estate Group, Inc.

• Submitted: Fri, February 22, 2013
  • Updated: Fri, February 22, 2013

• Reported By: Dominique — evanston Illinois United States of America
Shaw Real Estate Group, Inc.
2451 N Lincoln Ave Chicago,, Illinois United States of America

Shaw Real Estate Group, Inc. My Place apartments is a total scam, false advertising, liars, and manipulators. do not do buisness with them they are located at 2451 N Lincoln Chicago,, Illinois

I called to aquire about an apartment I saw on craigslist.com and they told me to come in and bring ID, money saved and be ready to rent. On 2/4/2013 I went My Place Apartments to view a two bedroom apartment I found on Craigslist.com but when I arrived Dave informed it actually was a studio which was false advertising. So they said they would find me another apartment. I thought it was odd to ask for money before I actually seen an apartment but they said they would gaurantee to find me an apartment by 2/18/2013. I had not heard from them for a week so I started calling and emailing on 2/13/2013 to find out what was going on. Dave claimed to have been calling me but I have records to indicate I never recieved any calls from him nor the company until 2/18/2013 the date of the agreement. I also recieved a text from the agency on 2/19/2013 saying I would lose all my money if i didnt contact them immediatly which I did. The apartment that was showed to me was a hallway made into an apartment for $750 in a crime infested nieghborhood. bottom line the apartment was unacceptable. So I declined it. they refused to refund my money. They tried to scam me and I feel like I should get all of my money back. I paid by cash and debit. I am seeking all of the money I paid to them for services not rendered. Which was $780 deposit, $145 service fee and $60 credit check.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/22/2013 08:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Shaw-Real-Estate-Group-Inc/Chicago-Illinois-60614/Shaw-Real-Estate-Group-Inc-My-Place-apartments-is-a-total-scam-false-advertising-liars-1018549. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Shaw Real Estate Group, Inc.

years