Complaint Review: Sheldon R. Mann DDS, PA

• Reported By: Fred L — Sarasota Florida
Sheldon R. Mann DDS, PA
1515 South Osprey Avenue, A – 2 Sarasota, Florida USA

Sheldon R. Mann DDS, PA Avoid this dental practice Sarasota Florida

I was referred to this edodontist for a root canal and had the worst dental experience of my life, and I have no dental phobia, or anything like that. For the procedure I was tilted back with my head way down towards the floor, very uncomfortable for the lengthy procedure, but that wasn't the worst part. As the days past after the procedure, I kept feeling worse. I called the office and they told me to take some ibuproven, but that didn't help. Then I developed what I now know to be classic symptoms of Bell's Palsy, it was frightening. I lost muscle control in the right side of my face, my eye lid was sagging, I had uncontrolled eye twitching, my mouth was weird on the same side. When I went in, Dr. Mann suggested that maybe I had a stroke, he even called another doctor to confer with, and between to the two of them they had no idea what I had, but the symptoms were absolute classic Bell's Palsy symptoms. When I described my symptoms to friends and relatives, many of them said it sounded like Bell's Palsy, but Dr. Mann, a trained medical dental practitioner with over 15 years experience, had no idea? Really? I found a doctor who immediately recognized my symptoms and put me on a course of steroids, but not before he told me that the delay in treatment could prevent a full recovery, that Bell's Palsy when treated immediately had a high rate of success, but in my case ten days had passed. Luckily, after about one month, I did recover, but here's the kicker, for this wonderful experience I recently learned I was charged about twice the going rate for a root canal on the same tooth, I was charged $1,400.00 and a friend of mine had a smooth, fast and painless experience, and recovery, for $700!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/29/2013 09:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sheldon-R-Mann-DDS-PA/Sarasota-Florida-34239/Sheldon-R-Mann-DDS-PA-Avoid-this-dental-practice-Sarasota-Florida-1070939. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sheldon R. Mann DDS, PA