Complaint Review: Shell

• Submitted: Thu, May 23, 2013
  • Updated: Thu, May 23, 2013

• Reported By: Paul — Camp Springs Maryland
5120 Auth Rd suitland-silver hill, Maryland USA

Shell illegally charging for parking suitland-silver hill Maryland

On May 21, 2013 at approximately 3:00pm, my vehicle had a malfunction which caused it to overheat. I looked around the parking spaces to see if there was any rules on psrking. There was one sign stating unauthorized vehicles are subject to be towed. My friend took s picture of it just in case of any discrepancies. I confronted the clerk about my situation in hope to seek authorization for a few hours. The clerk informed me that if I wanted to keep the vehicle overnight, I must pay him $20. I informed him that I will pay him if all of my option run out and I must have it sitting overnight. So I found options to retrieve the vehicle before sunset. My vehicle was then towed way before night time. I comfronted the clerk and he started screaming at me about $20 for overnight. He gave me authorization fot the day. Then he tows my vehicle because I did not want to leave it overnight and  pay him $20. Also there are no signs or policies on payments of that kind. I think I was taken advantage of because I look young to the clerks. But I am an United States soldier and unfortunately can't afford tow fees due to a lsrge family. Plus it is my main use of transportation. I have been wronged and now wish to seek restitution of some sort. I take this situation very seriously and urgent. Thank you.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/23/2013 02:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Shell/suitland-silver-hill-Maryland-20746/Shell-illegally-charging-for-parking-suitland-silver-hill-Maryland-1053375. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Shell