Complaint Review: Sheridan Skin

• Updated: Thu, January 24, 2013

• Reported By: dj — Cisco Texas United States of America
Sheridan Skin
1285 Boring Blvd,#297, Sparks, NV 89434 Sparks, Nevada United States of America

Sheridan Skin Bellalabs.com EQUINOX, SHERIDAN SKIN & BELLA LABS SCAM ON THE ELDERLY Sparks, Nevada

I received an email from Dr. OZ. It recommended a product for wrinkled skin.  Bella Labs Skin Cream and Equinox.   It was a free trial, all you had to do was pay $4.95 shipping and handling for each product.
I am 72 years old and retired and as a result, I have some wrinkles, so I thought, why not it's just a trial.  I saw nothing about what it would cost when you reordered.  When I received it, there also was no instructions as to price and how to reorder.  I tried the product.  Today 1/22/13 I get a box in the mail that I did not order with no company name on it- address 1285 Baring Blvd #297 Sparks, NV 89434.  I thought, I wonder how much it cost?   There was no packing slip or bill with it.  I had not ordered it.

Today I got my credit card bill in the mail and found out I had these charges on it.Dec 15  Bella Labs  $4.95; Dec 15 Sheridan Skin $4.95 (which I expected). Then....Dec. 29 Bella Labs $87.63; Dec 31 Sheridan Skin $99.00! I didn't order either one of these. and the Sheridan Skin was from Great Britian.  ph#877-599-2652.   I had never heard of this company.  I called Bella Labs and told them I did not authorize this charge. She said they have nothing to do with Sheridan Skin (even though I ordered it on their website!) She said when I gave them my credit card number that I automatically agreed to terms.  She showed me their webpage and at the very bottom of the page in VERY small print where they have several things listed such as contact info etc. (not on the order form), there was a place you could click terms.  There it told me if you didn't call them within 14 days, they would bill you for the trial bottles! at nearly $100.00 each and put you on auto suscription!  When I ordered it, it said nothing about trial for 14 days.  When I called my credit card company, they said they had charged another $106. on Jan 16 and more product was on the way.  I have cancelled my subscription but they would not refund my money. I would have never sent for the trial, if they had told me up front what it cost.  I just can't afford $200 a month for skin care!

I agree with another person who was ripped off.  It should be illegal for companies to help themselves to a consumer's credit card without direct authorization to do so upon the customers inspection and approval of further shipments.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/24/2013 04:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sheridan-Skin/Sparks-Nevada-89434/Sheridan-Skin-Bellalabscom-EQUINOX-SHERIDAN-SKIN-BELLA-LABS-SCAM-ON-THE-ELDERLY-Sparks-1002823. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sheridan Skin