Complaint Review: Ship-It-Now

• Submitted: Wed, March 19, 2014
  • Updated: Wed, March 19, 2014

• Reported By: Handym — Calgary Alberta
221 Bolivar Street, Jefferson City, Missouri 65101 Jefferson City, Missouri USA

Ship-It-Now David Hoffman Their offer looked genuine and valid, but then completely failed in terms of the agreement. Tried to trick my bank account by invalidated e-mail transfers, asking me to withdraw cash. Never came back to me with explanations except admitting fault on their side once. Never paid anything for my time wasted. Total failure on their part, collected personal information and kept it in their records. Jefferson City Missouri

David Hoffman, branch manager, approached me in unsolicited e-mail with a home-based job offer.

Upon closer look and inspection of their web site, I decided to try it out. He answered my questions satisfactory and we signed an agreement.

They kept me waiting for the first assignment very long time, never exposed their direct contact and/or cell phone, messaged me from a hidden one way service, so it could not be traced back. These facts alone drew me suspicious.

The first assignment came out such as a request to privately transfer funds over MoneyGram service. Interac e-mail transfer was dispatched, which never came through. These guys were excited and pushed me with a bunch of reminders to all my contacts, I supplied earlier to them. I did try and troubleshoot the failing transaction with my bank, because it never worked as supposed to. My impression was that the sending party withdrew the transaction right after he/she sent it and it caused unknown error upon attempt of deposit. Maybe this technique would work with certain banks and make you think that you have the funds in your hand to go ahead and run the assignment, then shortly after you realize that you have taken funds from your account, unless it was empty to start with... Another lie was that the guys always tell you to use only cash when transferring funds, stating that Western Union and Moneygram do not accept debit cards (ridiculous). Of course one needs to see that cash is not traceable, hence the reason for such request.

I think David Hoffman is a fake, along with another name, which could be associated with the same activity - Machado Ceola. I am waiting now for a proof. Since these crooks have all sorts of personal information at their disposal, I will not be surprised if soon my name and particulars will be compromised as well... This is commonly called Identity Theft.

Please be very cautious when dealing with similar offers, request copy of the passport and direct contacts, so you could later report them as fraudsters and enforce agreement(s) if any.

Good luck.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/19/2014 09:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ship-It-Now/Jefferson-City-Missouri-T2A6G4/Ship-It-Now-David-Hoffman-Their-offer-looked-genuine-and-valid-but-then-completely-faile-1131819. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ship-It-Now