- Report: #1077980
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Shirts N Skirts Cleaners
Shirts N Skirts Cleaners5770 Melrose Ave. Ste. 106 Los Angeles, California USA
Shirts N Skirts Cleaners A travesty of a business, run by liars and thieves! Los Angeles California
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
A travesty of a store. My wife and I tried this dry cleaner because we received a coupon. We dropped off a few garments, and asked the dismissive lady who works there to dry clean them and alter a couple items. When we returned to pick up the items:
1. She refused to accept the coupon, claiming we had to present it when we dropped off the items. This appeared to be a way for her to inflate the (unposted) prices when someone brought in a coupon. She also made the bizarre claim that she'd already given us a discount -- for no apparent reason -- so that the coupon couldn't be accepted. This was our first clue something was amiss.
2. She then charged 50% more than the quoted price for the alterations, claiming it was "more work than expected." That's not a very good estimate, especially since she had told us she’d call to let us know if the price would be different than the quote. Of course she didn’t. We were frustrated, but let it go.
3. The last straw was when she didn't have one of the items -- a brand new blouse we'd left for cleaning -- and she told us to return to pick it up. We returned 3 different times over the next week to pick up the shirt, each time getting a different excuse as to why it wasn't there -- it needed to be washed again, the van that brought it from the other store was in a car accident, she'd confused us with another customer and called the wrong number to tell us not to pick it up. She was rude every time, and our displeasure grew.
When it was finally ready, we picked up the blouse and walked out to the car, but upon examining it found that the never-before-worn garment had been completely ruined (she was happy to let us walk out without mentioning that, by the way). The white part of the shirt had yellowed, and there were black streaks across it.
We went back in, and she refused not only to pay for the garment, but even to refund the money for the dry cleaning. Why? She said that just happens sometimes -- she couldn't predict this even though she's a professional dry cleaner -- but she did the work so she was entitled to be paid. WHAT? I asked if I brought a car into the shop and they tried to fix it but it still didn't run, should they still be paid for their work? With a straight face she said "Yes." She then got in my face to yell at me when I threatened to leave a bad review online, and shouted obscenities after us as we walked out of the store.
This business is run by CON ARTISTS, LIARS, AND THIEVES, and you should avoid them at all costs.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/21/2013 09:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Shirts-N-Skirts-Cleaners/Los-Angeles-California-90038/Shirts-N-Skirts-Cleaners-A-travesty-of-a-business-run-by-liars-and-thieves-Los-Angeles-1077980. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.