Complaint Review: shopessentialsplus & passport2funplus

• Submitted: Wed, February 03, 2010
  • Updated: Wed, February 03, 2010

• Reported By: JIm P 1957 — Wayne New Jersey USA
shopessentialsplus & passport2funplus

shopessentialsplus & passport2funplus Unauthorized membership charges to your checking account Internet

Like many others I to found 2 unauthorized charges to my checking account, both for $19.95.

My wife purchased a dress from Metrostyle / Chadwicks. One week later I discovered the "mysterious" charges to my checking account.

I called my bank to file a dispute,which can take 10 days.

Cancelled the bank card and obtained a new one same day.

I Google-d the companies and first hit was a link to The Ripoff Report.

Went back to my checking account and called the phone numbers listed for these "merchants".

An operator answered and said that these charges were "authorized" because my wife "may have clicked on a banner or coupon on the website she was ordering from".

I demanded a refund. The operator said the refund would hit my account in 2-3 days.

When I asked the name of the corporate company, she said, "there is no corporate address or phone number". She also said that they have over 70 "companies" attached to them. I also asked to speak to a officer of the company or someone in managment. I was told there is none, and there is no one I could speak to.

Obviously, this is a total scam that is predicated on unsuspecting buyers who "click" on a banner, box, coupon, etc. Some may say you did not read the fine print and it is your fault. My point is that this is deceptive period and should not be allowed.

I am not sure how this is legal or why the attorneys general have not acted as of yet.

I would suggest everyone who shops online, be very very careful who you buy from and what you click on at their sites.

Also spread the word!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/03/2010 05:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/shopessentialsplus-passport2funplus/internet/shopessentialsplus-passport2funplus-Unauthorized-membership-charges-to-your-checking-ac-563856. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on shopessentialsplus & passport2funplus