Complaint Review: shopgoodwill.com

• Updated: Wed, August 21, 2013

• Reported By: growthmindedindividual — Fort Worth Texas
shopgoodwill.com
unpublised Internet USA

shopgoodwill.com goodwill shopgoodwill, www.goodwillwm.org/retail-stores/online-auction, www.ocgoodwill.orgwww.goodwi Auction site theft by deception unpublished Internet

I have made many purchases from Shopgoodwill in the past with varying degrees of luck.   The items have been described for the most part fairly accurately and have had about the value I expected except for some painting I have bought that when I got them looked like they were painted by third graders even though the advertised photos looked like professional paintings and the description would lead you to believe that they were decent oil paintings.   That is a pretty speculative position, and the results reflected my expectations.

Recently I made the decision to purchase the “grab bags” of jewelry that were offered online.  The bags are full of “gold” and “jewelry”.  When you see the pictures and descriptions, you are lead to believe that in fact, there is a very good chance that the gold and diamonds you see in the photos are real and tangible.   They advertise (Bellamar NJ and others) that the jewelry is UNSORTED and there is a high possibility of valuable items  (precious metals and stones) in any given grab bag.

The truth of the matter is that the jewelry HAS BEEN SORTED by employees trained to identify and remove precious metals and stones for individual sale.  To see the photos and description, you would think that you could at least recover a modest investment, and the bids reflect this.  I bid $230 on a “grab bag” and another $25 in shipping.   When I got the jewelry I took it straight to a jeweler who told me that is was all costume and worthless.

When I contacted Shopgoodwill to inquire as to why they would falsely state that the jewelry was unsorted and that there would be precious metals or stones I was told that they would change the terminology on their website, but I was not due a refund.   Really?   You admit that you are fraudulently advertising jewelry and scamming bidders into overbidding for costume presorted jewelry yet I am not due a refund?

I don’t mind taking risks, but I don’t take to being lied to and manipulated.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/21/2013 03:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/shopgoodwillcom/internet/shopgoodwillcom-goodwill-shopgoodwill-wwwgoodwillwmorgretail-storesonline-auction-1077898. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on shopgoodwill.com