Complaint Review: ShopJimmy.com

• Updated: Tue, January 17, 2012

• Reported By: Freddy — Greenville Rhode Island United States of America
9201 Penn Ave S Ste 40 Minneapolis, Minnesota United States of America

ShopJimmy.com Website forced incorrect ordering Minneapolis, Minnesota

*Author of original report: Thank you and more than satisfied!

*UPDATE Employee: Our call today

*Author of original report: Would appreciate a call, thanks!

*UPDATE Employee: ShopJimmy's Response to Freddy's Complaint

I located the control box I needed on their website that would easily repair my TV, but was out of stock. Therefore, I paid an online tech to troubleshoot which of the parts in the control box was bad. Note that I am an owner and seasoned technician in the plumbing and heating industry which makes this a real simple proceedure.

I find the black power supply board on their website and simply clicked on the image, and completed the order. When it arrived, it was a green main control board.

When I called, I was told that they sent the right part that was ordered. I looked at the records and found that they were right, but it was obvious that the website must have caused the mishap. I checked the website and found that a couple of things had changed so I thought that maybe they had the wrong image that caused to bring up the wrong item number.

I told them I clicked on a black supply board image and it must of ordered a green main power supply board. They said that I had to review the order before it was purchased and I should of noticed it then. Also, I was told that the computer or website order can not be at fault and that if it did make a mistake, I was the first time it ever happened to.

So I asked if humans input the information that allows their website's existance. She replied yes. I said, "Hello! Here's why this may have happened!" and showed her of an error of duplication product number with different descriptions on their site. I said, "Human error is OK as long as it is accepted and corrected. No big deal."

They refused to replace my part. They are simply blaming me, but I know what I needed, knew exactly what to order and ordered it. This is not my first website order. I admit that I may have overlooked the error the site made before ordering it, but the error started with them not me.

Bad customer service! This is a company that uses you to cover their mistakes. I own my own company and give a full return with a certifacte for future business when we make a mistake because we are not perfect. But we try!

BBB complaint next, then their state business regulations department and whatever else needed to obptain my loss of additional costs to their mishap.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/13/2012 10:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ShopJimmycom/Minneapolis-Minnesota-55431-2326/ShopJimmycom-Website-forced-incorrect-ordering-Minneapolis-Minnesota-822190. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ShopJimmy.com

Thank you and more than satisfied!

AUTHOR: Freddy - (United States of America)

John,

Thank you for the call and your professional response. I am more than pleased with your solution to send me a paid return shipping label and overnighting the part I've since found to be needed. You are very understanding and realize the importance of your customer's matter. I think you went over and above to satisfy this complaint and will definately continue to do business with ShopJimmy.

Thank you, again!

Our call today

AUTHOR: Customer Service Manager - (United States of America)

Freddy,

Thank you for taking the time to talk today!  I hope we were able to get everything straightened out for you and made you a happy customer.  I am keeping my fingers crossed for you that the main board will fix the problem with your TV.  Please let me know if it does or does not, and if I can do anything else for you going forward.

Best regards,

Jon

ShopJimmy.com

Would appreciate a call, thanks!

AUTHOR: Freddy - (United States of America)

Hi, I would greatly appreciate a call for discussion. I am not looking for anything but what's reasonable. (401) 487-5000 in EST. Thank you!

ShopJimmy's Response to Freddy's Complaint

AUTHOR: ShopJimmy - (United States of America)

Freddy,

First, we apologize that you had a less-than-favorable ShopJimmy experience. Although this sounds like PR jargon, we really strive to make every customer experience both valuable and enjoyable. And every department at ShopJimmy -- including Customer Service -- works very hard to achieve this goal.

Reviewing your order and speaking with the Customer Service Rep (CSR) who handled it, somehow (whether it was our website's fault or otherwise) you ordered the incorrect part the first time. Our CSR checked the order process on their computer and it worked fine, but they gladly set-up your replacement order and waived our typical 20% restocking fee for non-TV technicians. Additionally, our CSR discounted the expedited shipping on your replacement part.

Like you mentioned, human errors do occur (we're not perfect, either!) and we sincerely apologize if the error was on our end. However, we strongly believe that our CSR handled your order effectively and with considerate empathy.

As much as it pains us to read a bad customer experience, we appreciate the feedback. Before you go the BBB and beyond, let us know what we can do to repair the situation. Thank you.

Best Regards,