Complaint Review: Shopnbc

• Updated: Sat, September 07, 2013

• Reported By: Dissatisfied — Wilmington Delaware
Shopnbc
6740 Shady Oak Rd. Eden Prairie, Minnesota USA

Shopnbc Shophq THEY PUKED MY EQUIFAX CREDIT REPORT WITHOUT MY PERMISSION!!! Eden Prairie Minnesota

*Consumer Comment: Question

This was my first time shopping on Shophq. The item I wanted had something called value pay. The host of the show said I could use all major credit cards. The words on the TV said I would be billed $19.99 per month. No words mentioned a credit report check. I called the 800 number on TV and spoke with a customer service rep. The rep never mentioned a credit report check, however she did confirm the total amount and the amount of the value pays. Thereafter, I received a confirmation email stating that my order was being processed. Not long after that I received another email stating that my order could not be processed and for me to call the credit department. I was puzzled because the money is available on my American Express card but when I called and spoke to the rep she told me that my credit was denied. I told her I never gave permission for a credit report check and she said that it is on the TV, and on the web. I explain that my order came through phone and no one notified me and that I did not see it on the TV screen or else I would not have ordered. The rep could offer me no assistance and now they have an inquiry on my report which took my score down even more. This is not fair!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/07/2013 10:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Shopnbc/Eden-Prairie-Minnesota-55344/Shopnbc-Shophq-THEY-PUKED-MY-EQUIFAX-CREDIT-REPORT-WITHOUT-MY-PERMISSION-Eden-Prairie-1082633. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Shopnbc

Question

AUTHOR: Stacey - ()

How is this a violation of your civil rights?