Complaint Review: shopper discount and rewards

• Submitted: Wed, February 09, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, February 09, 2011

• Reported By: Carmen — Daytona Beach Florida United States of America
shopper discount and rewards
PO Box 855 Shelton, Connecticut United States of America

shopper discount and rewards Unauthorized monthly charge $12 to Discover credit card Shelton, Connecticut

My complaint is exactly the same as the first one.  Namely, that I made a purchase online from Woman Within in January 2010 and accepted a $10 discount that made no mention of a membership, to my recollection, with Shopper Discount and Rewards and no mention of a recurring $12 monthly fee.  I did not register with that company and my credit card number was provided to them by Woman Within without my knowledge.  I did not notice the charge for a year (shame on me) and Discover is now investigating very helpfully to determine if I overlooked an asterisk or fine print at the bottom of the page. Nevertheless, the transaction is either deceitful or outright fraud and Woman Within should not be giving my credit card number to a third party without it being made very clear that I will be obligated to pay for a service that I neither needed or wanted.  This is a collusive method between Shopper Discount and Rewards and various online merchants to enroll buyers without making it obvious that a recurring fee will result.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/09/2011 10:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/shopper-discount-and-rewards/Shelton-Connecticut-06484/shopper-discount-and-rewards-Unauthorized-monthly-charge-12-to-Discover-credit-card-Shel-692945. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on shopper discount and rewards