• Report: #272036

• Submitted: Mon, September 03, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, September 03, 2007

• Reported By:Dagenham Other
Shopper Discount & Rewards
P.O. Box 855 Shelton,, Connecticut U.S.A.

Shopper Discount & Rewards The only people to get rewards is THEMSELVES Shelton, Connecticut

Checking my credit card statement I was surprised to find a charge of 8.00 from SHOPDISC.com.Thinking it may be for music or PC disc I searched the net for this company to no avail. Noticing a number on the statement that looked like a phone number I dialed it and the recoding gave the name of the company: Shopper Discount & Rewards. I hung up, searched the net and got the e.mail address.

I prefer writing as I like to have proof of what is being said by either side. By phoning I cannot prove anything as I do not have the facility to record a conversation. They never sent me the password that was created nor any advance warning that my account was to be charges.

Their reply: Our records show that you or someone in your household joined Shopper Discounts & Rewards after completing an online transaction with eMetrix_UK. After your transaction you were offered and accepted a membership in Shopper Discounts & Rewards.

Immediately next to the offer, the Offer Details were displayed, which included the agreement that we could charge the monthly membership fee of 8 pounds to the credit card or debit card you used for your transaction with eMetrix_UK after your trial period ended.

This membership was cancelled effective 01-09-2007 and we have issued a refund of 8 pounds for the membership fee charged on 14-08-2007. Your refund will show on your credit card or debit card account within the next 3-5 business days.

Our system generates a generic password for every new membership at the time of enrollment. Members may change it to a personal password after logging into the site. This would explain why you did not recognise the password you were sent.

I did puchase computer software fom eMetrix but had no idea that my credit card details were being passed on. I will not use eMetrix again as they connot be trusted.
All I can do now is wait to see if my refund reaches my account. Fotunately I noticed this on the first charge to my account.

David
Dagenham
United Kingdom

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/03/2007 08:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Shopper-Discount-Rewards/Shelton-Connecticut-06484/Shopper-Discount-Rewards-The-only-people-to-get-rewards-is-THEMSELVES-Shelton-Connecti-272036. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Shopper Discount & Rewards