Complaint Review: Side Socket

• Updated: Sat, August 17, 2013

• Reported By: Gerri — Tustin California
Side Socket
P. O. Box 3179 Wallinford, Connecticut USA

Side Socket Allstar MarketingTrendy Top Onerous postage and handling Charges Wallingord Connecticut

I saw Side Socket advertised on television and considered it a useful device.  The advertisement was for 2 Side Sockets for $10.00 each.  I went to the website to place my order on July 15, 2013.  When I finished entering my mailing information I was required to enter my credit card information before any mention of the postage and handling charges.

On the next screen I was informed that I could purchase 2 additional side sockets for $7.00 each.  Still there was no mention of the postage and handling charges.

On the next screen I was then made aware that the postage and handling charge was $63.60 bringing my total order to $105.41.  There was no way to back out of the order at this point.  I tried to contact customer service but received a message that my order wasn't in the queue and it sometimes takes 24 hours for it to become available.

When the order arrived via Fedex Smart Post I examined one of the side sockets and discovered that it was not UL approved.  I never use electrical devices that are not UL approved because they are not safe.  I contacted customer service to obtained an RMA number and where the devices were to be shipped.   I returned the units on August 4, 2013 via USPS.

I received a credit on my credit card for $36.72 on August 15, 2013.  The company kept $68.69 for postage and handlling.  They also kept the sales tax.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/17/2013 08:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Side-Socket-/Wallinford-Connecticut-06494/Side-Socket-Allstar-MarketingTrendy-Top-Onerous-postage-and-handling-Charges-Wallingord-1076757. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Side Socket