Complaint Review: sidesocket.com

sidesocket.com
Internet USA

sidesocket.com Overcharged Twice!!! Internet

*Author of original report: update number 2 and FINAL UPDATE

*Author of original report: update

I wanted to order one side socket and receive one free for $10 plus $7.95 p & h plus an additional $7.05 p& h for the free socket.  After stating "no" to several other offers, My total came to be $91.80. The invoice shown only after transaction showed $60 for the two sockets that were only supposed $10 and a processing charge of $31.80. Customer Service at 866-596-4604 was not available until Monday.  There are no instructions to cancel my order.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/13/2013 01:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/sidesocketcom/internet/sidesocketcom-Overcharged-Twice-Internet-1066788. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on sidesocket.com

update number 2 and FINAL UPDATE

AUTHOR: Angry - ()

I received package today.  I called to confirm return process and verify refund of the original $91.80 that I was charged.After being told that the call may be recorded, I began recording. I was told this time that I had upgraded to the surge protection model which accounted for the increase in price. Again, I was assured the refund of all of my money.  In fact. she stated that she was beginning that process at the time we were speaking and I was to "return to sender." The package will be returned at the post office directly.

FINAL UPDATE- Having been taken for $100 before, I wasn't about to let this incident go.  In the end, it is important to give praise when a company finally does the right thing, Although the excuses along the way greatly disappointed me, they did refund all of my money into my account as they promised. I still want to try to product but will wait to see it in the stores.

update

AUTHOR: Angry - ()

P.S.-I was finally able to contact customer support on Monday morning who told me that the order could not be cancelled.  Upon receiving item, I am to refuse the package and return it to the company. At that time, the company would refund all $91.80 to me despite stating on their return page that they would refund only the purchase amount less p&h.

I apologize for the typographical error in my original entry of $7.05 for the second p&h.  That was supposed to read $7.95.