Complaint Review: SILKIES

• Submitted: Tue, July 12, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, July 27, 2005

• Reported By:Santa Ana California
SILKIES
P.O. Box 70202 PHILADELPHIA, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

SILKIES Ripoff BILLS FOR UNORDERED MERCHANDISE - MAJOR SCAM PHILADELPHIA Pennsylvania

*UPDATE Employee: Silkies

SILKIES IS CONDUCTING A MAJOR SCAM BY SHIPPING HOSIERY TO PEOPLE WHO DID NOT ORDER THEM, AND THEN BILLING THEM AFTER THE FACT - THIS IS ILLEGAL!!! WHEN I FIRST RECEIVED SOME HOSIERY IN THE MAIL, I FIGURED IT WAS A FREE SAMPLE (LIKE SOME COMPANIES DO). EVEN THOUGH I RARELY EVEN WEAR HOSIERY, I KEPT THEM.

THEN I STARTED RECEIVING "PAYMENT DUE" NOTICES, WHICH I THOUGHT WAS RIDICULOUS, CONSIDERING I DIDN'T EVEN ORDER THE MERCHANDISE. EVERY TIME I RECEIVED A BILL, I THREW IT OUT. NOW THEY SEND ME A MORE THREATENING "FINAL NOTICE", SAYING THEY WILL TURN MY ACCOUNT OVER TO A "NATIONAL CREDIT COLLECTION AGENCY". THIS REALLY PISSED ME OFF, BECAUSE I KNOW A LOT OF PEOPLE PROBABLY FALL FOR THIS SCAM AND PAY SILKIES JUST TO MAKE THEM GO AWAY, FIGURING IT'S NOT THAT MUCH MONEY. DON'T DO IT!!!!

THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT THEY'RE EXPECTING TO HAPPEN! IF YOU WANT TO MAKE SURE YOU DIDN'T ORDER & JUST FORGOT, GO INTO THEIR WEB SITE. IF YOU HAD ORDERED THE MERCHANDISE, THEY WOULD HAVE YOUR E-MAIL ADDRESS & PHONE NUMBER UNDER "MY ACCOUNT" ON THEIR WEB SITE. WHEN YOU GET A BILL, WRITE THEM A LETTER TELLING THEM TO PROVE YOU PLACED AN ORDER, AND TELL THEM YOU WILL CONTACT THE U.S. POSTAL INSPECTOR & REPORT THEM FOR HARRASSMENT IF THEY KEEP SENDING BILLS. THIS IS FRAUD, PURE AND SIMPLE, AND THEY SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF THEMSELVES!!!

Joanne
Santa Ana, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/12/2005 10:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SILKIES/PHILADELPHIA-Pennsylvania-19176/SILKIES-Ripoff-BILLS-FOR-UNORDERED-MERCHANDISE-MAJOR-SCAM-PHILADELPHIA-Pennsylvania-149412. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SILKIES

Silkies

AUTHOR: Lorraine - (U.S.A.)

Dear Joanne,

Silkies has been providing millions of satisfied customers our exclusive line of quality hosiery products for over 25 years through our Made-To-Order shop-at-home hosiery service. The order you received was sent in response to a request for our introductory offer in your name. I am sorry if that offer was misunderstood.

Please call us at 1-800-989-3695 with your account information so we can assist you. Our hours are Monday Friday 8:30 to 6:30 ET.

Lorraine,