Complaint Review: Silverado Transport , Inc.

• Submitted: Wed, May 02, 2001
  • Updated: Wed, May 02, 2001

• Reported By:Tempe Arizona
Silverado Transport , Inc.
P.O.Box 55 Willard, Missouri U.S.A.

Silverado Transport damaged my auto, they are a rip-off

I recently transported my automobile from Kent, Ohio to Cupertino, California. My car is 1996 Toyota Coralla, it is under 50,000 miles. Before I transported my car, I went to the Toyota dealer and had an oil change, they didn't find any problems with my car. But when I received my car from the transport company, my car started to sound like an airplane, I went to an mechanic and asked them to do an inspection.

They told me that the right wheel bearing of the car was bend, and they also explained to me that the cause of this problem was due to the incorrect tieing down during the transport. I called the tranport company, told them the problem, and told them what the mechanic said. Few days later, they called me back and told me that the problem was not their fault, it is due the the Toyota manufacture error. Like I indicated above, my car is considered new, and I never had any problems with it before the transportation. Why would my mechanic lie? When I was showed the damage, it would not take a mechanic to see what the shipping company did when looking under the vehicle.

This company should take responsibility for their action, and do the rightful thing? I have been victimized. They are a rip-off.

Thank you very much.

Sincerely.

Faye Xu

The company Silverado Transport , Inc. They charged me $850 to ship my vehicle.

P.O.Box 55
Willard, MO 65781
Telephone number: (417)742-2548.

The mechanic did the inspection, $70 and it took $580 to fix it, so it was total cost me $650, and the mechanic address is:
Villco 76 Service
19550 Stevens Creek Blvd
Cupertino, CA 95014
Tel: (408)257-2200

Thank you very much.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/02/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Silverado-Transport-Inc/Willard-Missouri-65781/Silverado-Transport-damaged-my-auto-they-are-a-rip-off-5069. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Silverado Transport , Inc.