Complaint Review: Simi ValleyCycles

• Updated: Thu, December 12, 2013

• Reported By: Jim — Claxton Georgia
Simi ValleyCycles
2902 Los Angeles Av Simi Valley, California USA

Simi ValleyCycles, j False promise, failed pre delivery maintenance, failed to have machine ready to ride at time of delivery Simi Valley California

*Author of original report: Resubmission to report

On November 08, 2013, I purchased a used BMW R1150 RT from this dealership, the were graceful enough to get the machine financed for me, however.  I  surveyed the machine for obvious deficiencies, and made notes to give them before I would take delivery.  NONE of which were completed when I picked up the vehicle.  I made a return trip to the dealer after an incident involving the motor header pipes became a fire hazard.  Operating temp was in excess of 750 degrees F.  This is not normal.  Battery died. Backfired while they were testing it in the shop..  I demanded the machine be serviced by a licensed technician on BMW and they stated there was a "certified" bmw mechanic on duty one day a week.  Wrong. Not certified.

there were adjustments made to the motor that did nothing but screw everything, timing, fuel, delivery, etc  i then demanded a full refund of my downpayment. Thet refused saying they would have the machine taken to a certified dealer for repairs.  machine was delivered to a certified shop, and they refused to pay for analysis of the motor to determine issues.  I finally made the repairs happen myself, and scheduled delivery of the machine on the 18th of December,  36 days after purchase.  More to follow

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/12/2013 06:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Simi-ValleyCycles/Simi-Valley-California-93065/Simi-ValleyCycles-j-False-promise-failed-pre-delivery-maintenance-failed-to-have-machi-1106356. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Simi ValleyCycles

Resubmission to report

AUTHOR: Jim - ()

Machine was delivered to me on December 18, supposed to be repaired, it was not. Returned the machine to another BZmW certified shop and after analysis it was determined, it was unsafe to ride at any time until all issues regarding fuel delivery were corrected.  Repairs were authorized by an attorney and proceedings are to follow.  After several more weeks I called the finance company and demanded they cancel my contract, they agreed, and nothing was done.  Now I am once again making sure the machine is stable, I will pay for all repairs, notify the dealer who sold it to me, thank them for all they did do, and leave well enough alone.  My apologies to the dealership, and the mechanic who may or may not have lost his job, but one must remember,  if you know little or nothing about the machine you are working on. Keep your hands off,  it can cause much heartache to a person and ultimately the dealership.  SV cycles has a good reputation ,I will not scar it.  Once again my apologies.  Hope this year is better than the last.  Thanks for all the help.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC