Complaint Review: simple savings card

• Reported By: Nila — Dallas Texas
simple savings card
Internet USA

simple savings card prescription savings card Houston Texas Internet

I was looking for a basic prescription savings card as I recently lost my insurance coverage.  I found this "simple savings card" online and took it to my local pharmacy.

Luckily, I have such a great pharmacist who explained to me that the medication was actually going to cost me 30.00 MORE to use the discount card.  He went on to say that this often happens, however he had never seen one that added so much to the cost of a script.

Incredibly, that card added 30.00 to EVERY prescription.  I was attempting to fill prescriptions for both doxycycline as well as Mirapex.

My pharmacist explained and showed me the prescription for Doxycycline 100mg tablets would cost me 43.65 for the drug + 1.50 for the dispensing fee.  If I used the discount card, it would be the same cost, same dispensing fee but the card copmany ADDED 30.00 leaving me with a bill of 75.15.

Mirapex, same deal.  Cash cost 413.26 + dispensing fee of 1.50, cost WITH discount card 444.76.  These are the biggest ripoffs!  If my pharmacist had not been so honest or was paying attention I would have left that day with $60.00 less.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/30/2014 08:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/simple-savings-card/internet/simple-savings-card-prescription-savings-card-Houston-TexasnbspInternet-1166282. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on simple savings card