Complaint Review: simplefilings.com

• Updated: Tue, July 02, 2013

• Reported By: Rick — Smithfield Pennsylvania
simplefilings.com
4049 Pennsylvania Ave, Suite 100 , Kansas City, Missouri USA

simplefilings.com Don't Let Them Take Your Money for Things You Can Get Free , Kansas City Missouri

A good education always costs you something.  In an effort to obtain an EIN for my LLC, I did a websearch to find how I might submit a request to the IRS.  My websearch came up with simplefilings.com.  In fairness, I did not read the fine print on their website, so shame on me.  Having no experience in this matter and needing to obtain the Tax ID, I gave my credit card information and paid $177 to file.  A few minutes later I received an email from them, indicating that, unbeknownst to me, I already had an EIN, although I never received a letter indicating this.  Sure enough I called the IRS.  The IRS informed me that I had been scammed since they could have just as easily given me the EIN over the phone for FREE, even if I didn't already have the tax number I was seeking.  When I called simplefilings.com, I was told that they would refund my money but keep $50 for their trouble.  When I informed the agent what the IRS told me, she said I should have read the website more closely.  Even if I had, what did they do in five minutes that warranted $50 of my money?   So please, be warned, do not give these people one dime for what you can get for free.  I can only be grateful that I didn't pay the full $177 for something I could get for free.  Stay away from these people.  My bank says I can't recover my money since I agreed to their terms, so learn from my mistakes.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/02/2013 05:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/simplefilingscom/-Kansas-City-Missouri-64111/simplefilingscom-Dont-Let-Them-Take-Your-Money-for-Things-You-Can-Get-Free-Kansas-Cit-1063992. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on simplefilings.com