Complaint Review: Simplexity, LLC

• Updated: Sat, March 15, 2014

• Reported By: Darla — Grand Saline Texas
Simplexity, LLC
10790 Parkridge Blvd, suite 200 Reston, Virginia USA

Simplexity, LLC Canceled my Device Protection Plan as of 12-31-2013 Reston Virginia

*Consumer Suggestion: What about the insurance company MDPA?

*Consumer Comment: ANY INFO?

*General Comment: They filed Bankruptcy

*Consumer Comment: Simplicity

I purchased a SmartPhone through Wirefly in Nov. 2013 and took out a Mobile Protection Plan. On Nov. 10, 2013 I received a welcome letter from Mobile Device Protection Association, LLC explaining what was included and excluded in my protection plan. On Dec. 6th I received and email notification that my credit card would be charged $9.99 on 12/7/2013 as CellPhoneProtectionPlan, which it was.

I have since been billed $9.99 on Jan 7, 2014, Feb 7, 2014 and March 7, 2014 and received email notification each time that payment was processed as well as the charge showing up on my credit card.

On March 15, 2014 I received an email notification from Mobile Device Protection Assoc., LLC that I was no longer a member as my retailer cancelled my Device Proctection Plan as of 12/31/2013 and I was to contact my online retailer for all billing issues, and they gave me the address, telephone number and web address to Simplexity, LLC.

What I would like to know is if my service was cancelled, why have they continued to bill me for a service I no longer had, and why did they cancel my service since I obviously was paying and not late as they were taking the money from my account.

I would like all my payments refunded to me for Jan, Feb. and March since they say I did not have protection during that period.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/15/2014 09:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Simplexity-LLC/Reston-Virginia-20191/Simplexity-LLC-Canceled-my-Device-Protection-Plan-as-of-12-31-2013-Reston-Virginia-1130986. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Simplexity, LLC

#1 Consumer Suggestion

What about the insurance company MDPA?

AUTHOR: JayD - ()

Have you filed a complaint with your state department of insurance?  You can do that online.  Simplexity may have sold you the insurance, but they are not the insurance company so you may still be able to get some help.

ANY INFO?

AUTHOR: kcalz80 - ()

The same thing has happened to me. My fiancee purchased my phone in 2012 and since then $6.99 monthly has been coming out of my bank account. I called a few days ago to see about getting a replacement phone and all number are not in service and no one responds to the emails I write. I read the company is bankrupt and out of business. When I go on the website it says my plan was cancelled in December of 2013 but I never told anyone to cancel it. Also, if it's cancelled and the company is out of business who is still taking my money??? I contatced Verizon with whom I have my serice plan through seeing if maybe they could help but they said they have no clue. Simplexity is a thrid-party insurance company and no one seems to have any info on it. If  anyone finds out any information please share with us. I'm stopping payment on my bank card from them taking any more money out!

#3 General Comment

They filed Bankruptcy

AUTHOR: Butterfly5 - ()

My husband had his phone stolen and when I went to file the report it kept telling me the same thing, that my account had been cancelled.  So I did a little digging and I found this report: (http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/03/13/phone-retailer-wireflysimplexity-allegedly-closing-down-and-filing-for-chapter-7-bankruptcy/)

So we were pretty much skrewed getting his phone replaced.  This was of course the only insurance we had on our phones.

Simplicity

AUTHOR: Toni - ()

The same thing happened to me on the very exact day 3/15/14. Everything you stated word for word happened to me...

I have tried contacting numerous numbers & all are invalid. A message stating office is closed or operator is busy & today I call & number is disconnected.I also have been recieving notices every month that $9.99 comes out of my bank account. I dont know who to contact to stop this from happeneing any longer.